Cave Incident - Jackson Cnty, TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha well im sure even if I was advanced enough to take cave diving classes that getting full cave certified with Edd would break my bank.
Edd is about par with everyone else in that respect. However, it's my opinion that every diver should at least get cavern certified. It will teach how to avoid becoming a statistic, not only around caves, but in OW diving.

Edd is about par with everyone else in that respect. However, it's my opinion that every diver should at least get cavern certified. It will teach how to avoid becoming a statistic, not only around caves, but in OW diving.
Not for the A&I thread, but maybe a thread started to contrast and compare Fundies and cavern?

What in general terms does cavern go over or key on?

Im guessing the rest of the victim's group were diving OC and they looked for him until they didnt have enough gas left, hence the 1am call for help

Im guessing the rest of the victim's group were diving OC and they looked for him until they didnt have enough gas left, hence the 1am call for help

No, it appears there was a silt out. They looked but needed the viz to improve in order to make any headway. The trapped diver also had air remaining and (from what I heard) tried three times to locate the broken guide line in the silt and make his way out. After the third attempt he decided to preserve what gas he had remaining and wait for a rescue.

Ha well im sure even if I was advanced enough to take cave diving classes that getting full cave certified with Edd would break my bank. And I dont even want to think about rebreathers , trimix gasses, etc. Thatd put me in the poor house for certain lol
Actually, it isn’t very much more expensive to take a class with Edd or a bunch of the other very well known instructors than it is to to take that class with some guy nobody heard of. It might be harder to arrange, as they are busy, but it isn’t that hard.

Back
Top Bottom