Deep6 with MiFlex vs Rubber Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can inspect the interior of a miflex (or any hose) with an endoscope. They can be had for $17 on Amazon. The one I got was $60 because it produces a slightly better than 1080p image.

I got it for other things (like looking in my tank) but it works perfect for hose interiors too.

The lack of ability to inspect a miflex with the naked eye is the reason for the finite lifespan. Rubber hoses also have a finite lifespan. The difference is that it's much easier to tell when you need to replace it. You might be able to get 10 or 15 years from your miflex hose just like you get from your rubber hose. The manufacturer set a guideline that will guarantee they can't be sued unless the hose is truly defective...like any manufacturer in this sue-happy world should.

@wbatten1 What company are you with? You mention "your" hoses and that they're better than miflex or rubber hoses. Don't keep us in supsense!

I don't think much of the coated tech miflex hoses myself. Although since I don't use miflex for long hoses, chafing is a non-issue.
He is part of the Deep 6 gang

Deep 6... o_O

(look at my signature :wink:)

One of the great benefits of paying for SB membership is the ability to NOT see all those verbose, witless, self-aggrandizing signatures.

Please don't take this personally - I have not seen yours (or anyone else's sig) for years.

One of the great benefits of paying for SB membership is the ability to NOT see all those verbose, witless, self-aggrandizing signatures.

Please don't take this personally - I have not seen yours (or anyone else's sig) for years.
I don’t pay, And I don’t see his sig either.

So i don’t think that’s a perk of paying

When I ordered my reg set, I had no idea what length hoses to get and ended up selecting too short for my primary second stage and SPG. I replaced them with MiFlex. I found the MiFlex to be more flexible, but the original hoses are pretty flexible too. I found the MiFlex to be more coarse, so was worried about chaffing, not so much me, but rubbing against other gear. So far, it's been fine. I think the Deep6 hoses are quite nice, so MiFlex doesn't add much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom