Eddy Fin material break in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking to switch from my split oceanic v12 and I am currently choosing between Eddy's, Poseidon Trident or RK3 not sure HD or regular ones.
My boot size 43 EU or 10 US and I am not sure where I should go for L or XL for Eddy's. Exchanging them would be a pain since I am not in the US. Any recommendations guys?

I am looking to switch from my split oceanic v12 and I am currently choosing between Eddy's, Poseidon Trident or RK3 not sure HD or regular ones.
My boot size 43 EU or 10 US and I am not sure where I should go for L or XL for Eddy's. Exchanging them would be a pain since I am not in the US. Any recommendations guys?
What type of boots do you wear?

Aqua Lung Polar Zip Ergo 5mm, but I can buy another pair if needed.
Aside from color and hole at the end, the blue ones are exactly as orange ones right?

Aqua Lung Polar Zip Ergo 5mm, but I can buy another pair if needed.
Aside from color and hole at the end, the blue ones are exactly as orange ones right?
all our fins have the hole at the end now.

Large will fit those boot sin size 10 US

I have a friend with the bone on top of the arch issue and they tried the heat gun method. It worked well to reform the top of the fin but was still uncomfortable. The method shown below was the answer and now they can dive the flippers in comfort.

View attachment 514460
What did your friend use to cut the fin? I've been thinking about doing this to my Eddys

What did your friend use to cut the fin? I've been thinking about doing this to my Eddys
I did something similar but not quite the same to my Eddys. Cutting out a piece from the center of the instep wouldn't have worked for me, as the part of my foot that rubs against the fin is more to the side than in the center. Instead, I used a rasp to remove a few millimeters of plastic from inside the fin. (I also considered drilling a hole there instead.) It seemed to work, but what worked better was simply using a thinner boot, which I suppose is not an option for everyone.

I’ve had this issue not with fins but with shoes in my growing years and that non-verbal memory is the reason I prefer open toe fins today combined with open heel fins. Is it possible to cut a nice oval from the toe area to free-up some toe space on the fins?

I did something similar but not quite the same to my Eddys. Cutting out a piece from the center of the instep wouldn't have worked for me, as the part of my foot that rubs against the fin is more to the side than in the center. Instead, I used a rasp to remove a few millimeters of plastic from inside the fin. (I also considered drilling a hole there instead.) It seemed to work, but what worked better was simply using a thinner boot, which I suppose is not an option for everyone.

I wish smaller/thinner booties were the answer for my issue. Any pressure on the top of my foot where the bone spur is (tarsal boss) is very painful. I'll try a cut-out, If it works, that will be a much easier and less painful solution than surgery. Downside will be $$ for a new fin- thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom