Closed: SS Backplate and ~#30 wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean Walberg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking at either the DGX #30 wing or DRIS Mirage 23/38 packages and wondering if anyone's selling something used with similar specs.

Looking for about a 30# donut wing and a SS backplate w/ cambands. I don't think I'm too picky about the harness style or brand. I'm in zip 22152 (Northern VA)

Thanks!

A buddy of mine has a Deep Sea Supply 35lbs Taurus wing with SS back plate and 8lbs weight plates built specifically for the plate. It has very few (fresh water) dives an no ocean dives (has sat on a shelf for about a year and a half since he quit diving. Not sure of the price but I seem to recall him mentioning something like $375 to $400US. Would ship from Toronto, buyer pays shipping. If interested, I can find out more info.

If OP not interested in the DSS bp/wing, I’ll take it. Let me know outcome.

I'm looking at either the DGX #30 wing or DRIS Mirage 23/38 packages and wondering if anyone's selling something used with similar specs.

Looking for about a 30# donut wing and a SS backplate w/ cambands. I don't think I'm too picky about the harness style or brand. I'm in zip 22152 (Northern VA)

Thanks!

I am partial to the DGX 30lb wing over the DRIS Mirage because the Mirage must be used with an STA as the center panel does not have slots to thread cam straps through. The DGX 30lb wing comes with built in stabilization for the tank, although I don't find this feature necessary some seem to like it.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom