SOCORRO VORTEX launched

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom@DiveAdvice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
VORTEX launched and headed to Socorro April 22 for her first trip.

Be amongst the first to sail on her. Spaces a very special last minute rates.

Contact us Dom@DiveAdvice.com

Apr 22 to May 2, 2019
  • 2 Master Suite Spaces
  • 2 Junior Suite Spaces
  • 2 Luxury Stateroom Spaces
  • 1 (of the 2) is on HOLD (Female)
  • 1 (of the 2) will be (Female Share) if the above HOLD is confirmed

May 3 to May 11, 2019
  • 2 Master Suite Spaces
  • 2 Junior Suite Spaces
  • 4 Luxury Stateroom Spaces
  • 1 (of the 4) is Female Share
  • 1 (of the 4) s Male Share

May 13 to May 23, 2019
  • 6 Luxury Stateroom Spaces

Jun 3 to Jun 13, 2019
  • 2 Master Suite Spaces
  • 4 Junior Suite Spaces
  • 5 Luxury Stateroom Spaces
  • 1 (of the 5) is Male Share

Jun 14 to Jun 22, 2019
  • 2 Junior Suite Spaces

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
www.diveadvice.com
Tel: +33 492 94 02 99 (France)

Live search for dive liveaboard spaces … for up-to-date liveaboard availability worldwide

"In Partnership with Amazing Adventures Travel of Mill Valley, California"

SOCORRO VORTEX is actually at the Boiler as I write this, with her first 14 guests enjoying an amazing trip. We should soon have images of interior on our website and have some very special last minute rates for anyone who can join one of these first four trips. June 14 is now full. Please contact us for details. dom@diveadvice.com

Things to consider before booking this liveaboard. I am the very first guests of Socorro Vortex, however, due to delay of construction, my trips were canceled twice! So I have to rearrange my holiday twice and cancel my flights twice and lots of paperwork......I got a free Solomar V great white shark trip for compensation of my loss, but my Socorro Vortex refund has been received for more than 1 month! This is not acceptable.

Hi Magicfx - I would entirely agree that you have every right to be upset with the delays, as we have also been from the necessity to cancel or postpone multiple charters and clients over the past year due to delays in her construction. This is rare in our industry although not entirely without precedent, but having been in the industry for more than thirty years, and having to deal with such unfortunate issues from time to time, I would hope that they would find a solution for you that did not leave that sour taste. However she is now operating and although I don't believe you are or have ever been a client of ours, I would be happy if you contacted me directly so that maybe we can help you resolve this. Dom@diveadvice.com

Hi Magicfx - I would entirely agree that you have every right to be upset with the delays, as we have also been from the necessity to cancel or postpone multiple charters and clients over the past year due to delays in her construction. This is rare in our industry although not entirely without precedent, but having been in the industry for more than thirty years, and having to deal with such unfortunate issues from time to time, I would hope that they would find a solution for you that did not leave that sour taste. However she is now operating and although I don't believe you are or have ever been a client of ours, I would be happy if you contacted me directly so that maybe we can help you resolve this. Dom@diveadvice.com

The reason why I am not happy simply because the refund process is way too long.
The payment is all given to Pelagic Fleet company, and there is no third party involved.
I booked/canceled flight ticket and hotels by myself, and all their accountant need to do is verified the refund certificate I sent to Pelagic Fleet and the right amount of refund.
So I guess 1 month for refund processing is enough and very reasonable.

I am not sure if I should re-book Socorro Vortex on 2021.
Right now in my mind is to get my refund back ASAP and hope my complementary Solomar V Guadalupe trip will run smoothly.

Totally understand and I will urge them to take care of that immediately and wish you a safe trip to Guadalupe - which should be amazing.

could you not get a refund from your credit card company sooner? it's unfortunate, but i'm not surprised it has taken almost a month, 30 day payment terms etc..

I have to say though, it was pretty ballsy to book yourself on the first trip of a brand new/newly refitted boat and expect it to be finished on time!

free white shark trip is a pretty decent compensation offer though IMO...it seems like a decent offer from them. I hope their boat is as good as they are hyping it to be...Socorro could use a really decent boat, although i have been concerned that all the shouting about how great it will be seems to be coming from the company as opposed to any 3rd party who have seen it....i find it hard to believe we are going to be seeing a pacific 'arenui' :)...but then again...the nautilus has been described as 'luxury diving' and that's basically a bit of a flat out lie to be honest...

could you not get a refund from your credit card company sooner? it's unfortunate, but i'm not surprised it has taken almost a month, 30 day payment terms etc..

I have to say though, it was pretty ballsy to book yourself on the first trip of a brand new/newly refitted boat and expect it to be finished on time!

free white shark trip is a pretty decent compensation offer though IMO...it seems like a decent offer from them. I hope their boat is as good as they are hyping it to be...Socorro could use a really decent boat, although i have been concerned that all the shouting about how great it will be seems to be coming from the company as opposed to any 3rd party who have seen it....i find it hard to believe we are going to be seeing a pacific 'arenui' :)...but then again...the nautilus has been described as 'luxury diving' and that's basically a bit of a flat out lie to be honest...

Before the company declares new cruise officially open, it would be exceedingly wise to hold a soft opening/test drive. However, it seems the managers or investors urge new launch to get some cash back. I just don't know if they ignored this important step or not. The company has good reputation and I just trust and pay.

Hi Magicfx - I agree with you and in best possible worlds they should always have soft openings and run initial cruises with repeat clients, press or agents, and have the inevitable wrinkles ironed out. I have built ships as well as run them and the unexpected always happens. However this boat is a year behind schedule and has probably cost a good million more than budgeted for, but I understand their first trip was a great success and hope to publish some feedback from clients who were on board. I was also assured that all outstanding refunds would be taken care of this week so if it does not appear by next week then please let us know. If you plan to join this boat during the humpback whale season, there is just one trip left in 2020 which we are currently offering 20% discount off, and very limited spaces in 2021 with no discount. I hope you do not give up on her - I have no financial connection with her other than booking her for clients, but I have every confidence that she is a superb operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom