How to untie silicone bands on OMS wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Per the installation instructions the bands should each be secured with a square knot. If this is the case then use a pair of needle nose pliers to tease the knot apart. If it is not possible to undo the square not or a different knot was used then you may need to cut the bands and obtain replacements.

-Z

Attachments

• OMS-Elastomeric_Band_Manual-English-1.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 120
Since they are elastic when you tighten the knot it "bites" into itself, so even if you do untie them there will be damage and there is a good chance they break when you re-tie them.
You can use normal bungee cord to re tie them, just make sure you don't over-tighten it.

Since they are elastic when you tighten the know it "bites" into itself, so even if you do untie them there will be damage and there is a good chance they break when you re-tie them.
You can use normal bungee cord to re tie them, just make sure you don't over-tighten it.

Instruction manual states to inflate fully prior to knotting to prevent over-tightening the bands...it also mentions to test ability to orally inflate and adjust knots looser if one cannot.

-Z

When I tied mine I did it by inflating to quarter full and tightening the bands enough so I could inflate orally to full while they stayed tight when empty. That way it avoided the air pockets that were a pain to deflate with the way it was set up before.

Back
Top Bottom