Need VIVA O-ring size for G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

I need to replace the o-ring for the VIVA vane on the G250...but cannot determine the o-ring size.

Anyone have it, please?

TIA!!

Are you talking about item no. 13 on this parts list?
Scubapro part no. 01050126?
If so, then it is a 2-008 (4.47mm ID x 1.78mm section) in EPDM 85 shore hardness

Attachments

• G250V-2008-10.pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 103
Are you talking about item no. 13 on this parts list?
Scubapro part no. 01050126?
If so, then it is a 2-008 (4.47mm ID x 1.78mm section) in EPDM 85 shore hardness

Thanks...but I have the older/original G250...the VIVA itself is a different shape than the newer ones. I looked at the 126 o-ring and not sure it is the same...

Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! You da man, Nick!! Thank you!!

Still shows a 126 o-ring. You can reliably use a nitrile in 90 shore quite comfortably or even a 70 shore if you can get a 90.

Awesome, I will attempt the 126 tonight and see how it goes. It was the only item not replaced by the service shop recently...it might be the original [red] o-ring...and was much smaller than a new 126...but, that could make sense if it was the original and has shrunk after 30yrs of use :)

Still shows a 126 o-ring. You can reliably use a nitrile in 90 shore quite comfortably or even a 70 shore if you can get a 90.

I have several S600/G250HP kits at home...new in box...and I will steal a 126 from there...the S600s [and R380] I have, all have new VIVA o-rings...should not need them for awhile.

I will be updating the sweet Scubapro o-ring size reference chart I found on here soon...so I know the current SP O-ring numbers, and their sizes so I can buy them from McMaster Carr or at my local o-ring shop :) The local shop has over 65,000 different kinds of o-rings in stock...and they are super cheap!

Back
Top Bottom