Blue Angel or ScubaClub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been staying at Hotel Cozumel for many years and I have never heard of any pier fees being charged to dive ops who pick up or drop off there. Dive Paradise boats get priority first thing in the morning but everyone seems to work well at getting their divers loaded aboard whatever boat came for them. Re the food it has improved big time over the last 5 or 6 years thanks to new chefs. It's still buffet food & some days I prefer fajitas from the snack bar over what's at the lunch time buffet. I think the new car / truck ferry helped a lot at having better food choices on the island compared to before it's existence. Fresh food can come over all day every day.

We've stayed at Hotel Cozumel; didn't like the food, rooms were small, and there's no place to hang wet gear. They do have a large pool and activities

Scuba Club Cozumel is our go-to resort and we have stayed there many, many times; good food, clean rooms with hard beds, free shore diving, friendly and loyal staff.Your friends might not be happy at SCC as alcohol is NOT included and there are NO TVs in the rooms. SCC is a "dive" resort, not a resort with diving.

Hi jlyle,

I agree with your sentiments regarding SCC. We enjoyed our stay there. The staff was attentive, friendly, and relaxed. The dive op was very good. SCC has a system and it runs like a well oiled machine.

OP, if you are not looking for Michelin Star dining, entertainment, and multiple dining options, then SCC is a great choice. I enjoyed every meal I ate there and would gladly go back.

enjoy,
markm

Thx all. Sounds like Hotel Coz might fit their bill. So hard to pick something for somebody else.

@cicopo - the photo album sure helps. We like hanging out next to the ocean, did not realize that they had a beach area to hang out at so kind of prematurely wrote them off. That is why BA was one the list.

I love Blue Angel and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. YMMV but it checks all the boxes for me.

We now get to look at Hotel Cozumel's beach club view every day. I overheard my wife telling someone that when she can't sleep she thinks of that view so on mornings when I wasn't diving I went down & took batches of photos. Some days the umbrellas weren't up yet, other there were too many people already using it etc. After a lot of careful editing I had this one printed as a 60 X 36 canvas for her birthday present. The shop called Thurs to tell me it was ready for pick up. (the red throw matched the canvas that I took down, it will be replaced.
VZ1Q5420V1-1.jpg

We've stayed at Hotel Cozumel; didn't like the food, rooms were small, and there's no place to hang wet gear.

i guess food is always subjective. we loved all the breakfasts. lunches and dinners we always found something we liked. but it certainly is not 5 star dining. that is why it is nice to go into town for some dinners and lunches. adds some more variety. the rooms are certainly only your run of the mill hotel rooms but worked fine for the wife and i. we prefer to usually stay in a studio or one bedroom but when it is an all inclusive we don't need the kitchen etc. as far as storing gear, there is plenty of room to hang gear at the pier. any gear we don't wanna risk getting stolen (like computers etc) we just bring back to the room. or you can store it in the free lockers provided. each to his own i guess.

I've been staying at Hotel Cozumel for many years and I have never heard of any pier fees being charged to dive ops who pick up or drop off there.

that is odd. we have stayed twice. every dive op we contacted (besides dive paradise obviously) told us there was a fee for getting picked up there. why wouldn't there be ? why should that resort allow others to use their facilities for free ? maybe the fee was hidden in the prices you were quoted ? or maybe i was given incorrect info. no, can't be. cuz that never happens. haha btw....only dived one day with dive paradise. it was **** show. but we love dealing with Angel at the dive paradise shop on site for all our shore dives there. he is awesome. def a kind soul.

The Occidental Grand! Say no more..................................free tequila!

Hopefully Christi will check in again & answer the question re pier picks. Her boats have picked my up on several of my stays.

I've been to Blue Angel, Scuba Club and Park Royal.

I'd say Scuba Club is good for beginner diver as the boats are comfortable large catamarans and they tend todo easier dives as they have to cater to beginner divers on the boat. The rooms at SC are very variable and generally spartan and not that comfortable. I recall having to change rooms several times due to problems such as road noise or AC blowing on the bed, and lack of desk/chair.

Park Royal is a very large hotel, too noisy for me. Good for alcoholics drinking in the pool.

Of the three Blue Angel is my favorite. It has a very good dive op with lost of boats leaving at different times to a variety of sites. Last time I got both the Devil's Throat and the Cathedral at Punta Sur. The restaurant is quite good and rooms are not bad. All rooms face the beach and the sea and the resort is right on the beach.

As recent as today, we have never been asked to pay a pier fee at Hotel Cozumel for the hotel guests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom