Vacation Trip in April Oahu & Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scooters were awesome, we covered a large area, & the free up your hands for camera or compass, etc.
A very special thanks to you Steve. I thoroughly enjoyed the dives & your company.

Mike Dolson

ps: Steve is the good looking one on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 145
Mike
It was certainly “GREAT” diving with you. I really had a great time. I hope you make it back soon so we can go again. If I make it up your way we can do some cold water diving togeather.

Mahalo for the great time Buddy
Scuba Steve
Www.mauidiveconnection.com

Thank you again for the hospitality, expertise on the dive sites & first class gear, Steve. I had a great time. My wife & I are already planning our next trip to Hawaii. We'd still like to do 2 islands again & Maui is confirmed as one of them.
We have some great shipwrecks here in the St Lawrence River near the 1000 Islands.
By July & August the water is up in the 70's & no therm o-cline. I would love to return the favor. We have two spair bedrooms & I'd enjoy hosting you here.

Mike Dolson
(NAUI 4780/PADI 202288 retired)

We were crazy busy on Oahu, & didn't fit any dives in. We did climb diamond head, attend the Chief's Luau, tour the north shore, Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, went Parasailing and went on the snorkeling excursion on the west side of Oahu. We were pleasantly surprised when a large group of spinner dolphins took interest in us. Saw a few trigger fish & Hawaiian Sea Turtle

Attachments

• DSC_3773.JPG
    DSC_3773.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 0I8A9103.jpg
    0I8A9103.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 0I8A9232.jpg
    0I8A9232.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 0I8A9352.jpg
    0I8A9352.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 0I8A9368.jpg
    0I8A9368.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010013r.jpg
    P1010013r.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 143
  • P1010032r.jpg
    P1010032r.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 163
Any reco's for advanced divers for Oahu and Maui?

Also, what is the 'best' time of year to dive?

** Best time of year is tricky....... we get to dive 365 so it is pretty awesome in that regard ** Depends on what you are looking for. Deeper dives on the South Shore are good year round. My favorite time of year is Mid Feb to about April 1. Those seem to be the magic 6 weeks where the seas are calm (water temps a bit lower) but whales and dolphins everywhere (as well as the usual suspects...... turtles, eel, octopus and tons of reef fish).

Summer months mean more surf on the South Shore but it flattens out up north so shore diving at Sharks Cove/Three Tables/Fire House are VERY good ..... Can get crazy crowded by 7am though. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks man -

Let's say I wanted to do 3 x days of wreck diving in Oahu and 3 x days of reef diving in Maui - how would I plan it out?

F31DF6E5-6AF3-4000-B1F4-5D7422649D10.jpeg Aloha
What part of maui are you staying at ? Best shore dives to me are Mala Warf and McKenna Landing. There are plenty of others that are very good also. If you want to boat dive I like Lani. I always go with Dive Maui. They are based in Lahaina and are a “FANTASTIC “ Group of people. If you book with them tell them Scuba Steve sent you. If you want to do any guided shore or scooter diving give me a ring for more info or go to my website www.mauidiveconnection.com. I keep groups very small or private.
Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection
(808)727-9464

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom