Anybody tried the YS-D2 with the 120 diffuser and has test shots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As in the title am looking for shots taken with the 120 degrees diffuser
Hi Interceptor,

No problem... :
Rohanou_7.jpg

Hi @Interceptor121, I've shot both the 100 and the 120 and I found the 120 quite dramatically lessened the power of strobes, much more than I expected. I have always used the 100s, like this, but I am impressed at the above shots.

Hi @Interceptor121, I've shot both the 100 and the 120 and I found the 120 quite dramatically lessened the power of strobes, much more than I expected. I have always used the 100s, like this, but I am impressed at the above shots.

If you are on FB, I can also show you the pics. I've always used 120s and have not used the 100's... :D

Thank

Thanks Wolfgang so do you prefer it to the 100 degrees?
Hi Interceptor,

I must say I did not compare the different diffusers (Too many options, I guess the differences are small)...
I keep it like "outofofficebrrbrr": I have the 120o diffusers on all the time and only in exceptional cases (WA "big scene") I remove them for more power.

This February was also the last time I was using the pair of YS-D2 (we started with three 3 years ago, but one stopped working and was discarded and in two the flash tube burned out (one repaired under warranty and one still working so-so)): Now I have two Inon Z330 and my wife is using the two remaining Sea&Seas.

Wolfgang

Hi Interceptor,

I must say I did not compare the different diffusers (Too many options, I guess the differences are small)...
I keep it like "outofofficebrrbrr": I have the 120o diffusers on all the time and only in exceptional cases (WA "big scene") I remove them for more power.

This February was also the last time I was using the pair of YS-D2 (we started with three 3 years ago, but one stopped working and was discarded and in two the flash tube burned out (one repaired under warranty and one still working so-so)): Now I have two Inon Z330 and my wife is using the two remaining Sea&Seas.

Wolfgang
Looks like reliability is an issue
I wanted to see some shots to compare with my Inon Z240 from what I can see once you have the diffuser 120 basically the power is the same so for me it does not make sense to make this change
thank you all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom