Recommendation on an underwater camera system boat bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a travel friendly boat bag for my 2 YS - 01 strobes, tray, arms, Fanatsea V housing, KRL - 01 wet lens, macro lens and associated gear. Looking for something padded and preferably with a plastic or at least salt water friendly zipper.

AO cooler. I use a 24 can size for my RX100 rig - with 2 8 inch arms on each side and YSD2 sized strobes. I also have a wide angle lens with dome on it. It can fit other things inside it, as well as on the outer zipped pocket. I use it for day boat transport, as my personal rinse tank/storage on liveaboards, and on off-days of diving, a cooler for local bevvies.

https://www.amazon.com/AO-Coolers-Canvas-High-Density-Insulation/dp/B07JY7N2Y3

break out your wallet
Hopper Two 30
If yeti makes it, walmart sells a comparable clone for a fraction of the price. I'm no fan of going into the walmart but for a few things it makes sense. In the case of some of the yeti coolers, the walmart clone is actually superior to the original.

Looking for a travel friendly boat bag for my 2 YS - 01 strobes, tray, arms, Fanatsea V housing, KRL - 01 wet lens, macro lens and associated gear. Looking for something padded and preferably with a plastic or at least salt water friendly zipper.
I just wrap my compact rig in a towel. Shades it from direct sun and also can be used post dive to dry me off.

I use a 22" craftsman tool bag. I am the person who does not like to spell out scuba gear on my luggage and YELL expensive camera in this bag. Usually after the 1st day, most of my gear is kept by the dive shop, but ever day i carry my camera back to my hotel. This is less conspicuous. Too many times, i hear people say nice camera.

If you want padding, add a towel.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSopAS5pvZswLHn4ZFu9CP_JmEBcVDzm8VnKYMgY1uLUzX2NowUpQ.jpg

Salt is not a problem, they are so cheap i buy a new one ever few years.

Thanks for the replies. Can any of these options be folded down and packed in luggage or do you use them as one of the allowed carry-on's for your camera gear when traveling?

Thanks for the replies. Can any of these options be folded down and packed in luggage or do you use them as one of the allowed carry-on's for your camera gear when traveling?

I’ve done both. The AO cooler with a strap works well as a padded carry-on for my compact system + lights. Alternately, it can be packed with stuff and put into another suitcase or checked as a bag on its own.

Lance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom