Dive Shops that SI at Nachi Cocom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
As a follow up to my previous post, I believe my family will be spending the day at a beach club and I'd like to try to get in some dives.

Our cruise arrives at 7am, so hoping that opens some options.

We are considering Punta Sur or Nachi Cocom. Obviously Punta Sur would mean I'd need to catch a taxi after diving, which isn't a big deal.... but wondering if any dive shops still SI at Nachi Cocom. Then I could spend time with the family at the SI.

Thanks!

Nachi Cocom is now a private AI beach club and boats are not permitted to do SI's there - we sure miss that place for SI's

Nachi Cocom is now a private AI beach club and boats are not permitted to do SI's there - we sure miss that place for SI's

Bummer! Looking like my best option is probably just to dive and then meet up with them all at a beach club?

Thanks!

Bummer! Looking like my best option is probably just to dive and then meet up with them all at a beach club?

Thanks!

Yeh, I miss the good old days of SI's at Nachi Cocom. It was always like divers social hour there with people from the various shops sharing fellowship!

A nice option would be Paradise beach. It's literally like a big day resort. They have a full sit down restaurant as well as a taco truck and snack bar. A huge pool, beautiful beach and lots of water toys. It can be crowded if there are a lot of ships in, but then ost beach clubs are on those days. But it's an easy beach to have your dive boat drop you off at after the second dive around 12:30ish and your family can be enjoying themselves in the meantime.

A nice option would be Paradise beach.
+1 for Paradise Beach in your situation. We stop at Paradise Beach for SI's pretty regular, and it is very nice. Good bathrooms, nice pools, lots of nice swimming and snorkeling area, etc.

Yeh, I miss the good old days of SI's at Nachi Cocom. It was always like divers social hour there with people from the various shops sharing fellowship!

A nice option would be Paradise beach. It's literally like a big day resort. They have a full sit down restaurant as well as a taco truck and snack bar. A huge pool, beautiful beach and lots of water toys. It can be crowded if there are a lot of ships in, but then ost beach clubs are on those days. But it's an easy beach to have your dive boat drop you off at after the second dive around 12:30ish and your family can be enjoying themselves in the meantime.

I definitely have considered Paradise. Did my SIs there in January. Do you think it would be crazy crowded in June on a day with 4 ships in port?

I definitely have considered Paradise. Did my SIs there in January. Do you think it would be crazy crowded in June on a day with 4 ships in port?

4 ships in port sounds like a light day for Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom