Hello Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Chandler and I am extremely new to diving.

I currently have not completed any diver training yet, but I stumbled upon this board while researching courses and places. I will be attending my first Cert course when I retire from the Air Force this coming July and I am really looking forward to it.

As for why I want to dive, well, when I was a younger dude, I got to try on the full setup and swim in a deep pool (15 feet is deep when you're only 12) and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately I grew up in a city not far south of Atlanta, GA, so my parents didn't think scuba was the best investment. I would have done it after high school, but the Air Force has kept me quite inland for twenty years. Since I am looking to retire and work on the Florida panhandle, I am ready to start diving.

I hope one day I can progress and earn full tech ratings so I can explore some deep wrecks. (No Doria for me though) I wish I could dive the wreck of the USS Atlanta, because that is the ship that sparked my love of WWII history as a kid and led to my Masters degree in US Naval History. (Strange for an Air Force guy, LOL). Realistically, I know I will probably die of old age before having the skill set and experience to dive that deep and explore.

For now, I'll be happy just to dive and see the undersea realm.

Welcome!! You're going to love everything about diving and you've certainly come to the right place to discuss and get info. You may very well even find dive buddies here.

Do keep us posted on your progress please.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Chandler. Don't rush for the ratings race in diving. You can dive and be happy even with a basic open water certificate. As you gain more experience, get some ratings for furthering your education.

Let us know how things go.

You'll have a great time and welcome to the board. I just joined myself and while I am not ambitious to think of tech level diving. I would say work your way up and always think safety.

Back
Top Bottom