Chautauqua Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMunchkin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I will have the opportunity to jump in the water at Chautauqua Lake, but I haven’t been there (or anywhere in NY) and am not 100% sure what to expect in terms of visibility, water conditions (cold of course), points of interest etc. So if any information about this lake could be provided it would be greatly appreciated!

can't really answer your questions my cousin has a house at the lake. i have fished there when i was younger maybe once or twice. If you are going to try it out though i'd be happy to meet up with you.

can't really answer your questions my cousin has a house at the lake. i have fished there when i was younger maybe once or twice. If you are going to try it out though i'd be happy to meet up with you.
Hi @ryanski ... I see this is from last year, just curious if you have went or have made any dives in Chautauqua? I'm in the Buffalo area, just certified last year and hoping to get over to Ontario for some very basic dives to get some experience. Welland Scuba Park, Windmill point, for example. With the restrictions it looks like that's gonna be out of the question for this year. I'm a rank newbie and need to work on basic buoyancy, navigation, etc. and I'm looking for something calm, shallow, and local. Not sure if I'm ready for the drift dives in Niagara yet but those seem to be pretty routine. Suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated!

Hah....my in-laws live in Jamestown...Unfortunately other than that I have nothing to contribute as I have not dived in lake chataqua (yet).

-Z

Hah....my in-laws live in Jamestown...Unfortunately other than that I have nothing to contribute as I have not dived in lake chataqua (yet).

-Z

Well this is bizarre, my daughter in law's parents live in Jamestown. Never dove there though. lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom