Cozumel’s diving is so “rushed”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the life of me, I do not understand why some of you are taking exception to Dogbowl's OP.

It is *his* perception of how *his* experience has been for *him*. Fortunately, he's taking all the criticism well but it's so darned unnecessary and in some instances, down right rude.

Please consider the OP vs the title of the OP.

I don't really see any posts bashing Dogbowl about his post. Snoweman may have pushed it a little bit but just in fun (I know I laughed at Snoweman's post). Quite frankly, I think all appreciate Dogbowl's post as it as it gave everyone something to respond to, Heck, we're up to 8 pages of posts here thanks to DogBowl! I personally think he made a valid point as not everyone is geared to cramming the absolute maximum into a vacation. His post actually made me think of my last (and final) trip to Disney in Orlando. I had visited Disney several times since the 70's and my wife had never been so I took her a few years ago. What a stressed out, rushed, get-it-all-in, vaca that proved to be! Disney has changed SO much from the last time I had been there maybe 15 years ago. It is now a friggin' cram-everyone-in mad house of a zoo regardless of which park one visits and regardless of the time of year one visits. Long story short, I think we all get different strokes for different folks and there is nothing wrong with someone feeling "rushed" while others may not feel the same way. I will advise everyone here... if you want the most expensive, stressful and tiring vacation put Disney at the top of your list! They do offer diving in that sickly land-locked aquarium to boot for $500 or something (no thanks). For what that week at Disney cost I could have spent almost a month in Coz with diving included. Disney is now off the wife's bucket list, thank God.

There is nothing better than a leisurely easygoing casual unhurried breakfast at an AI down south.

a8dux.jpg

City people just don’t get it

If I want to get 4 dives a day, I've never not been hurried even in the states.

First boat leaves 8:30am, I have to be there around 8am, which means I typically have to leave my hotel at 7:30 at the latest. Boat gets in around noon, leaves again at 1:30pm, which means my lunch options are either brown bag or order Jimmy Johns on the way back. Back at the pier at around 5pm, grab some dinner, clean up, crash, and repeat until the trip is over.

Now some of the 3 tank trips, like what @caruso plans in Florida wouldn't be bad if you bring lunch. As there is a 10am departure, you are probably getting back around 3-4pm. Plenty of time to hit your hotel, get cleaned up, head to dinner, and then crash.

Also the Southern AI resort operators do work pretty well around the hours of the food options.

When staying at Allegro and Occidental, if you upgrade room category you have access to a seperate area with breakfast starting earlier at 630. Leaves plenty of time for a 730 meet at peer and 8 am departure for 2 tanks. Then back at 12-1230 for a quick lunch and back at it for the afternoon 2 dives. Where 8t really gets tight is when we also do a night dive. 5 dives a day wipes my ass out. Dinner time is tight to get cleaned up and eat then make it back for the night dive after the 4 dives previously.

Where 8t really gets tight is when we also do a night dive. 5 dives a day wipes my ass out. Dinner time is tight to get cleaned up and eat then make it back for the night dive after the 4 dives previously.

After doing it myself, I would now recommend that anyone wishing to do a night dive, to skip the afternoon dives, and possibly the morning dives the next day particularly if you are staying in town.

I love me a breakfast buffet but I find my air consumption and diving comfort is better on an empty stomach. Or at least not a full stomach.
Maybe that is why the only place I ever buy Tums is Cozumel.

Dogbowl is a SHE. :giggle:

This thread ran the course that most threads go here on SB. I shoulda known better than to post an honest opinion. Anything other than praises and kudos are often not well received.

But I guess ppl enjoy the drama. Carry on. :wink:

Dogbowl is a SHE. :giggle:

This thread ran the course that most threads go here on SB. I shoulda known better than to post an honest opinion. Anything other than praises and kudos are often not well received.

But I guess ppl enjoy the drama. Carry on. :wink:

LOL, I referred to Dogbowl as a 'she' the other day and I was corrected, uh, incorrectly. :p

I shoulda known better than to post an honest opinion
1st Rule of SB

Don't be negative about:

Cozumel
Bonaire
Deep 6
Shearwater

Personally I'm glad you did, I've learnt alot about Coz diving habits. Glad I live with easy access to Indonesia :D

As much as I love Cozumel, Deep6 and Shearwater, I obviously must try Bonaire now. Thanks for the inadvertent recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom