Closed New w/tags Bare Reactive 5mm Blk Men's XXL

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is the newest version of the Reactive suit from Bare. All black, aka the Titan model.

It is brand new, with the tags still on it.

For $300 I will ship it wherever you like in the CONUS. If you are close by and want to pick it up in person, we can work something out, so you aren't paying for shipping and I'm not eating PayPal fees. :)

Why am I selling it instead of returning it for a refund? A perfectly reasonable question.

I got this suit via a hookup that is giving me a really good deal to get myself a new kit as I start working as an independent instructor. I had to order a suit without being able to try one on first. The size chart put me right in between XL and XXL. I took a gamble and lost. This suit actually fits me well everywhere except the arms are a bit too long. Returning it would be a hassle for the person helping me out. They don't care if I sell one suit off to someone, so one lucky winner will get a brand new suit for a really good price. :) I got an XL and it's a little tight, but the arms and legs are the right length. I don't mind how tight the XL is (and I need to lose some weight anyway). I am 6' 1" and about 240-something #s.

I tried this suit on in my living room and that's it. It has not ever been wet.

I have been diving older (made in 2012?) ScubaPro EverFlex suits. I really like my SP suits, but these Reactive suits are, as Jules would say, some next level sh!t! My SP suits have a fleecy lining, but it only covers the chest and back. With these Reactive suits, the fleecy lining covers the ENTIRE inside of the suit. And they are quite noticeably more stretchy than my SP suits. Definitely easier to put on.

I dived the XL in the pool today and it was almost TOO warm. I seriously thought about getting out and putting on my SP 3/2.

I have posted in the past about the zippers on these Reactive suits being suspect. That was based on info I had gotten at the time (2015? I think?). I talked to the Bare rep before ordering these suits and he said that the early suits did have some issues with their zippers, but they changed production somewhere along the way to a better zipper. Time will tell, but I expect no issues with my new suit.

ReactiveFrt.jpg

ReactiveRer.jpg

This is still available. Tell your friends. Your larger, male friends anyway. And their wives or girlfriends. :D

Wow, that's a good price! $500 for online gamers, maybe more at a dive shop. Someone's going to get a bargain.

Still available.

For the record, my chest is 49" and this suit fits me very well in the torso. The size chart says it's for 45 - 47, but it is very stretchy. It's a little too long for me, so I have settled on XL. The size chart for XL says 43 - 45". That is tight around my torso, but still comfortable. The XXL is VERY comfortable to my torso. And everywhere else. If the sleeves were an inch or two shorter, I would be using this suit.

This suit is still available.

For all you summer quarry divers, this is a great suit for that. Not TOO hot on the surface, but still nice and warm below the thermocline.

I was diving my XL version of this suit (also a 5mm) in Lake Phoenix (VA) on May 11. Temps were 54 - 55 at depth and I was still comfortable, even at the end of a 70 minute dive (my 2nd dive of the day).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom