PADI's fee to dive centers to issue specialty certs such as Deep Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I have an AOW cert and I've been diving for the last couple years down to 40m but have recently heard that some operators will require some sort of formal deep diving certification before allowing divers to go below 30m from their boats.

We pay 40 Euros for the fee and card here in Croatia. All other agencies are around 25 euros.

I stopped being a PADI instructor in 2017. Max price was about $25. I doubt it is $40 today
the current "retail" price for the PIC is $45.80

the current "retail" price for the PIC is $45.80
PADI doesn’t set prices to consumers for training except for elearning. What are you talking about?

The PIC is a product, it is not training. The PADI price list for shops and members contains the various costs for different buying levels, plus the MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) and the MAP (minimum advertised price.). That is not the same as setting a price. And that Is only for the goods we buy from PADI, not for instruction and services provided.
This is all very common in the wholesale/vendor/retail world.

Yeah I have an AOW cert and I've been diving for the last couple years down to 40m but have recently heard that some operators will require some sort of formal deep diving certification before allowing divers to go below 30m from their boats.

Where be this?

That’s when I decided not to bother with deep, and do AN/DP instead.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the source for that information is looking to sell some deep diving certifications.

I’ve seen plenty of operators that require a diver looking to do deeper recreational dives to have AOW and provide proof of a logged dive at that depth in the past 12 months (or you have to pay for a guide/DM), but I’ve never heard of an operator requiring a deep certification.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the source for that information is looking to sell some deep diving certifications.

I’ve seen plenty of operators that require a diver looking to do deeper recreational dives to have AOW and provide proof of a logged dive at that depth in the past 12 months (or you have to pay for a guide/DM), but I’ve never heard of an operator requiring a deep certification.
Here is an example of a dive op listing the required cert for each wreck. And for s good number of them, it’s DEEP.
Scuba Dive Charters – Four Fathoms Diving – Port Sanilac, MI

Back
Top Bottom