Wetsuit and water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dives are long (hours & hours) so ~27C would be my minimum for that combo.
Colder than 25C and I am definitely in a drysuit (for various reason but deco efficiency is key)

Just figured that shorty first would leave less exposed openings for water intrusion. In other words better sealing
Sometimes this is the case, but if not well fitted together the shorty underneath can create pockets of water inside which want to pump in and out of the suit as you swim.

I second quite a few comments here that it is rather subjective.

I dive mostly in tropical waters, like 27~30C, and I wouldn't get in water without my 3mm full exposure suit (thermal tech) while others jump in with their T-shirt and short

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear

Thank you wery much All.... Next question to this is. Any roules for the sorte being inside the full wetsuit or the other way around?

I dive in a 5mm steamer and it starts to feel a little cold after a while in 20C waters. A hood or beanie can really help.

Back
Top Bottom