Sawtooth Profiles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwmNZe7.jpg

SO MANY UPDOWNS!

Okay, the first one I get. That shape, with some scaling applied to depth and time, could be the profile for countless cave dives- including the classic "hope for the best" period of hauling butt over the "shallow" section on the way back out.

What the heck is this one though? It looks less like any place I've seen, more like the electronics in your computer got fried and this is the plot of the noise it generates now!

Ahh yea, I see it now, the in and out, the alligator wrestling match on the way out of the hole!

Complete with Batman during the bottom portion of the dive.

Okay, the first one I get. That shape, with some scaling applied to depth and time, could be the profile for countless cave dives- including the classic "hope for the best" period of hauling butt over the "shallow" section on the way back out.

What the heck is this one though? It looks less like any place I've seen, more like the electronics in your computer got fried and this is the plot of the noise it generates now!
That's the path to the back of Manatee Springs. Probably 12,000 or more linear feet from the entrance.

That's about the only one that occurred to me that could fit. I've only been there once, and we turned around 8K. The up & down was memorable, but it didn't strike me as being quite that drastic. Awesome dive though.

That's about the only one that occurred to me that could fit. I've only been there once, and we turned around 8K. The up & down was memorable, but it didn't strike me as being quite that drastic. Awesome dive though.

most of the fluctuation is between 60 and 85 feet deep. probably the BEST area to have those fluctuations? above narc depths and below shallow. In my mind thats where I least notice depth changes.

most of the fluctuation is between 60 and 85 feet deep. probably the BEST area to have those fluctuations? above narc depths and below shallow. In my mind thats where I least notice depth changes.

Deeper than 20m/60ft doesnt bother me so much. But stuff in the 1-12m/3-35ft is a lot more noticable. Like the one above (in meters btw).

Bottom line message to the wreck diving question above is: dont worry at all ;-)

I am OHE too hence the query but sounds like no one takes specific measures

I am OHE too hence the query but sounds like no one takes specific measures

I’d make sure to not violate deco ceilings by a wide margin or for long. In PfcAJ’s first profile you can see that the ascend at the 1:45 mark is a lot slower than its mirror image or the ascends before, so I’d suspect thats whats happening there. Other than that, no for me, until my ears complain which has me slow things down.

Deeper than 20m/60ft doesnt bother me so much. But stuff in the 1-12m/3-35ft is a lot more noticable. Like the one above (in meters btw).

Bottom line message to the wreck diving question above is: dont worry at all ;-)

the last graph is in ft yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom