Teric users quick review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for your input on this. It’s been years since I shopped for a computer and this one seems to really catch my attention. It seems there’s a consensus on this being an excellent unit, and haven’t really read any negatives? Anyone else had the compass malfunction?

i accidentally found out that the compass error is about 30°... then i calibrated it and it became better (at least quicker) than the analog compass.
also i had one major problem with Teric, maybe will describe it in separate topic later. possibly a firmware error.

P.S. there are surprisingly many posts with used Suunto D5 on local "for sale" groups :D

I just got back from my first trip with the Teric. I was on a live aboard in Indonesia for 11 days. It was an absolutely superb computer (and watch). I wore it as a watch (from 5am to about 10pm) and did four 1 hour dives a day. Brightness was set high during the day and low at night. It went in the charger every night with usually 62-66% battery left. Once or twice it was in the 50's, but that's usually because I was messing with settings a lot or reading the dive log.

If you used it only as a computer and turned it off in between dives it would last a very long time between charges. It's surprisingly power efficient in dive mode (with compass and AI on).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom