Putting together a technical diving charter. Who is in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we maybe plan 2 trips? A second one around late August/September timeframe?

Also, who is local to the Jacksonville/Morehead area?

Welcome on board Mark Eastor. Looking forward to splashing with you.

Olympus says that they will definitely do their best to take us to those wrecks that I mentioned but those wrecks can not be guaranteed.Those folks who are signing up, please give Dottie a call and express your preference. Olympus always goes to great lengths to make sure that they take you wherever you want to go but they need to have enough people interested in the same wrecks / depth range: A lot of times they may not have enough technical divers for those 130 - 150 ft dives so they will fill the boat with Techreational trips in the 120 ft depth where boat is split between recreational deep divers and technical divers doing extended bottom times. Those who are signing up, please call them at (252) 726-9432 and express your preference to hit those deeper wrecks if that is what you truly desire. If they have enough people and if the conditions allow, they will really work to drop you where you want to be dropped.

I am definitely open to a second trip. Let me check with a few others.

I was just in communication with Olympus; they do not have a compressor onboard for tank top off for 2nd dive. Aziz is unfortunately is no longer going to be able to make this trip! Current water temps are about 71*F. Only four divers currently signed up and as it stands right now we are going to be diving 100-120 feet wrecks but will be able to dive longer profiles.

I was there a month ago. There were quite a few Prism 2s around, but they don’t have an O2 booster. Apparently that’s something that’s being worked on...

@stuartv reached out to them and apparently they did a full rebuild of the booster and put in a new oxygen bank

I agree, I’ll be down there over Memorial Day weekend and it would be great if I don’t have to bring enough bottles to last the whole weekend.

Back
Top Bottom