One Tank Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am now catching up on the thread, some funny stuff and some very useful LOL
To address the most recent issue, no UTI issues,, just cold and seasickness but its true for females but in any case, no issues here so not too worried about sitting in a wetsuit all day...

As for that part, when I have worn my 5mil I usually just strip it down to waist and (puke on the sunny side of the boat covered with a towel) that way I don't have to struggle to put it back on entirely after feeling ill. That has happened twice so I am thinking it's not so much the cold water and what I'm wearing but the fact that I feel unwell due to the seasickness and your whole body is out of whack. One time I did a one tanker and just wore a rashguard and shorts and no seasickness and was fine so I haven't pinned it down yet.

In any case, I read through everyones suggestions and will start to look to make different choices as I dive more so I can pin down that exactly how it works for me. Maybe I will start bringing a sweater on board and put that on in the sun while I wait. Hard to do when i only do a few dives a year. In all honesty I really just want to look for shore dives or one tank right now. I think I have it in my head about the past few double dives and would ike to enjoy them a bit more before I head back out for 2 tank dives. That and I am going to try the seasickness patch next if I have to do boat ones, see if that helps.

Thanks for all the recommendations on places and shops to check out, I think I will try to dive more often now and I'm looking to maybe do memorial day weekend diving up around WPB or Broward. So I'm very excited about the suggestions.

I adressed the line of your post that I qouted because it's wrong, not much else to it really.
nothing I posted in reply to you was wrong. period. most dives i do you have about 45 minutes between dives....taking off your wetsuit....using a towel to dry off....then turning around 15 minutes later to reverse the process is stupid. no one does it.

i replied to the original poster...you tried to make a one off point that made no sense in relation to the question. ball is in your court. what are you trying to say?

You mention trying the patch... another remedy that works for many of us is Bonine (meclazine HCL). If I know I’m going to be diving from a boat in rough weather, I take one tab the night before to let it build up and one in the morning. It works pretty well for me, with minor side effects. YMMV.

You mention trying the patch... another remedy that works for many of us is Bonine (meclazine HCL). If I know I’m going to be diving from a boat in rough weather, I take one tab the night before to let it build up and one in the morning. It works pretty well for me, with minor side effects. YMMV.
I'm past the bonine. I went back to dramamine in Grand Cayman and was ok (but again only did one tank). The last dive or well time on a boat that i did bonine, I think mentally I already associate the taste of it with severe sickness (I think I have the chewables) and just the taste alone screws me up so I stopped using it and went back to dramamine. So far on the two we did, so good.

You know most people will talk about their computer, or their fins but for me my Surf Fur parka is the best money I've never spent on diving. After a lot of dives I will wrap myself in my parka to warm myself up.
Awwwhhh yes. I have a super warm comfy parka for between dives or after. When I am done diving for the day I pull that cold wetsuit off before doing anything with my gear and get dry clothes on... and wrap myself up in that parka. Hood too..

Another point to be made about it, if you're female you might not wanna walk around with a crotch full of damp sea water for an hour (or somewhat longer), unless you enjoy stuff like yeast infections and UTIs..
I almost missed that comment. What the heck???? IF your statement were true, I'd get a yeast infection or UTI every freaking time I dive. So far the only UTI I've ever gotten were a result of taking antibiotics for another problem, the last one being an ear infection from.... diving...

But, back to the OP, summer is generally better weather for diving here. I love beach diving and can totally relate the one tank dive, if only because nobody is telling me how long I have to limit myself. Yes, I do get cold underwater, wearing proper exposure protection, getting dry right away, and keeping hydrated all help with the coolness...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom