kids snorkeling while adults diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to do that with my parents when I was young. But mostly on a beach but I have seen some spots in Mexico that do combo snorkel and dive trips but I don’t know if they will be willing to supervise your children since they are under 18.

Not to pounce on something nit-picky, just conversational general info, but, the splendid toadfish is actually found outside Cozumel. They love to claim it's unique to Cozumel and only found there, but we also used to see them on the reefs up in Cancun.

It's also been found in Belize and the Florida Keys, but it sure sounds good to say endemic to Cozumel :wink:

I used to do that with my parents when I was young. But mostly on a beach but I have seen some spots in Mexico that do combo snorkel and dive trips but I don’t know if they will be willing to supervise your children since they are under 18.

Cozumel H2O had a DM for the divers and a separate one for the snorkelers in our group. The main downside I saw to a mixed boat in a drift dive environment, is that if the boat stays with the snorkelers, it would not necessarily be readily available in the event of an emergency in the diver's group.

Blue Angel has a boat that goes out with both divers and snorkelers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom