6 pound weight pockets.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually "5lb soft weight" will probably hold a 6lb hard weight... but I don't think I'd pay sixty bucks + s&h to find out.

The XS Scuba trim weight pockets claim to be able to hold a 5# weight. I don't think it would hold 2 x 3#, but, it seems like worst case you could put a 5# in each and a 1# in each of your non-ditchable weight pockets. An extra 2# in your BCD is not going to matter to the boat crew.
In Australia 3lb weights are the norm, occasionally there are also 2 lb weights. That's why I am after pockets that can take 2X 3lb wights in each pocket.

Actually "5lb soft weight" will probably hold a 6lb hard weight... but I don't think I'd pay sixty bucks + s&h to find out.
Lol, buying something unseen is always a challenge. That's how I ended up with the big Scubapro Xtek pockets.

Or you could just spend $5 on a buckle (from DGX) and a piece of 2" webbing, make your own weight belt, and use that. Take the whole belt off and hand it to the crew.
I have a weight belt, but prefer weight pockets. My old Seaquest Balance pockets took 2X3lb weights nicely.

Sorry...I did not read your post well. I was think 2 x 3 pounds total. You meant 2 x 3 pounds for each pocket.
That's right. I've been doing a bit of searching online and so far can only find single weight trim pockets or something that takes 8 to 10 lbs or more.

The Diverite 16lb pockets ( 2X 8lb) look OK but still a little big..
I've got the DiveRite ones you referenced. Depending on the weights you're using it's either easy or hard to fit in 8 lbs per side. Soft weights in light nylon work best. Hard weights in different denomination sometimes are hard to fit in 8 lbs, so 6 lbs is sometimes all you can fit easily

I've got the DiveRite ones you referenced. Depending on the weights you're using it's either easy or hard to fit in 8 lbs per side. Soft weights in light nylon work best. Hard weights in different denomination sometimes are hard to fit in 8 lbs, so 6 lbs is sometimes all you can fit easily
Thanks very much. This sounds like the way to go. Have you attached them vertically or horizontally? I was thinking to go horizontal. Is it possible to post a photo of the pocket attached to your rig? Hopefully this isn't too much trouble.

Hi this is Bruce from SEASOFT. We have a couple of detachable pickets from SEASOFT that work really well. We have now produced videos so you can see them and get an initial explanation on how they work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dive safe.

Bruce

PS I forgot to mention, almost all of our products, about 80% of them are made here in the USA in our own factory including both of the above ditchable pockets made in the USA. By the way you cannot have it both ways!

Made in the USA
AND made for $1.50 per hour. It will cost more to have it made in the USA! But then your job stays here and your sisters and your uncles job and the neighbors. We keep a lot of jobs here when we buy made in the USA. So instead of looking for the cheapest hood, or pockets or weights or drysuit - look for the one made by workers who help you keep your job. Buy American when you can! Thank you for listening!

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom