Peeing in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love how this question pops up every 4 months or so :) I’m more concerned that my little weenie won’t fit into the catheter thing properly... I guess I’ll find out on Vancouver island next year :)
There are a variety of sizes for condom catheters. Probably your shop will have a bunch. You may have to buy a few different sizes to find the right one.

I love how this question pops up every 4 months or so :) I’m more concerned that my little weenie won’t fit into the catheter thing properly... I guess I’ll find out on Vancouver island next year :)
A grower rather than a shower methinks, lol. Enjoy Vancouver island.

just pee in your suit it will keep your feet negatively buoyant lol
Um don’t think you can prevent pee migration more than air migration.

It’s important to note that there is a difference between peeing in a drysuit and peeing while wearing a drysuit. The former turns it into a wet drysuit, or a semi dry.

There are a variety of sizes for condom catheters. Probably your shop will have a bunch. You may have to buy a few different sizes to find the right one.

Save the XL to casually leave on your dashboard and the XS to leave on your buddy’s dashboard. Old jokes, I know.

I used a condom catheter along with waterproof tape and a hose leading down my leg and out of my wetsuit. Worked 60% of the time, the other 40% resulting in a mess I won't describe. Of course, that was for a wetsuit. Now I just use the hose to separate the pant leg a bit from by let to help with "drainage" (I'm not "hooked up"). I know this isn't relevant to drysuits, but like to tell the story. The thread title "peeing in a drysuit" should read "peeing out of a drysuit".
PS--I've experienced the "internal" catheter twice (1990 & last month), but hopefully will die before a 3rd time.

immersion Diuresis,, and that's why you get a p-valve and dive relaxed.
Well, if you have decent undergarments, there's a fair chance that immersion diuresis is a lot less of an issue if you dive dry.

No matter what I do, when I dive wet I get some serious issues holding it when I get close to an hour run time. If I'm diving dry (which I usually do), I really have to mess up my limit-the-amount-of-coffee-and-and-make-sure-I-take-a-leak-before-zipping-up routine to have issues as long as my run time doesn't seriously exceed one hour.

I currently do mostly freshwater dives where I am doing a beach entry in calm conditions or jumping off a floating dock. In this case I find that as long as my dive time is less than 1.5hrs I am fine if I urinate prior to donning my drysuit.

I normally dive a 12L cylinder, and the only "yellow alert" I have had was when diving a 15L cylinder that had me in the water for over 90 minutes.
Assuming that your tanks are 232 bar, methinks that you've got to be diving rather shallow. Or that you have gills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom