VDH Phoenix + DSV dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Not sure where to post this. Took my Phoenix w/DSV out for a spin this morning to test my new GoPro. Visibility sucked but I was underwater so I was happy. I cranked up the venturi slightly. Breathed fantastic - effortless actually. Mark

Avocr5.jpg
hi

I've had my DSV in the box since Bryan first shipped the initial crowd-funded orders (yeah I know...)

I really need to install it this summer and use it.

While I much prefer the twist the knob style of DSV/BOV, I’ve found the Argonaut to be easy to use and an excellent breather on my Kraken. It’s also a hell of a lot cheaper than an actual rebreather DSV like the Golem.

@Scuba Lawyer

Laguna Beach, the surf, the sand, the water..
The double hose regulator with a strange name plate . the modern copy of the Sea Quest back pack, the Orange Sportsways straps and the large strange mouth piece

Could have been a photograph from 1950s -- rather that just yesterday

Lots of memories in that picture !

Sam Miller, III

Thanks for sharing Mark. With the warm season finally coming back to Minnesota, it is encouraging to see someone diving their vintage gear just for the fun of playing with the gear. We did a couple of dives last weekend with poor visibility. But it sure was fun breathing from my Voit Navy and using up air from my Twin 38s! Keep those photos and dive reports coming... I'll try and do a better job of contributing, too. :)

Took my Phoenix/DSV out for another spin off Laguna Beach today. Vis was 50'+ where I was. Warm water too. Saw a Giant Black Sea Bass that dwarfed me. Very cool. Haven't seen a VW-sized one off Laguna since the 60's. M

7b7QS1.jpg

Took my Phoenix/DSV out for another spin off Laguna Beach today. Vis was 50'+ where I was. Warm water too. Saw a Giant Black Sea Bass that dwarfed me. Very cool. Haven't seen a VW-sized one off Laguna since the 60's. M

View attachment 526947
I love the AI transmitter on it....

There is a vintage dive in Monterey coming up, not sure of the date but it’s soon.

There is a vintage dive in Monterey coming up, not sure of the date but it’s soon.

It's September 7th and 8th, 2019. I went last year and had fun. Small group but three of us ended up diving on Saturday. Met on the grass area at San Carlos Beach Park by the breakwater, but dove the south end. Here are a few pics of our dive site and a few of my regs I brought. M

YY81CG.jpg

9jsRWe.jpg

P0DJ7i.jpg

BbhS8S.jpg

rBFghS.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom