LF: HOG BP2 Service Manual/Instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone. I am the lucky or unlucky owner of a few BP2 regs which I use on my deco bottles. I stocked up on the kits but I can't seem to find any service manual for it. If none is to be had, I'd settle for torque specs (particularly for the swivel turret retaining bolt) and a clue to where to get the O-ring stack assembly tool. I'd also settle for the dimensions of the O-ring tool that I can take to my friendly neighborhood machine shop. I'd also like to know if I can just service it like an MK25. Thank you very much!
IMG_20190507_062105546 (1).jpg

divers-supply.com, the owner of HOG, might be able to help you.

Reactions: Pao
Reactions: Pao
Thanks. But I think I asked some time ago and the BP2 is not covered in the service class.

After a not-so-extensive eBay search, I have come to the conclusion that you are only one of two people that bought this regulator. The other one sold it. Consequently, it is up to you to make a service manual for this regulator and post it.

I all seriousness, I would contact @cerich and ask him if he has a pdf of the manual or if there was even one made. If not, maybe he can point you towards the OEM and see if they have a manual. The regulator was introduced when he was still the main man for Hog. Hog-Edge still lists a service kit for these regulators, so they should have the information also. I am sorry if you tried this already.

From what I remember there was a BP-1 then a BP-2 and then the product was discounted heavily and then dropped. The only vendor still listing it is Cave Adventurers. Others shops have sold it so they should have some idea on how to service it. Looking at the first stage it reminds me more of an Atomic or maybe a SP MK-10 Plus than a MK-25. However, it could be the cosmetics.

If you have no luck on the manual then I would post in the DIY section what the special tools are supposed to do and see what the work arounds are.

After a not-so-extensive eBay search, I have come to the conclusion that you are only one of two people that bought this regulator. The other one sold it. Consequently, it is up to you to make a service manual for this regulator and post it.

I all seriousness, I would contact @cerich and ask him if he has a pdf of the manual or if there was even one made. If not, maybe he can point you towards the OEM and see if they have a manual. The regulator was introduced when he was still the main man for Hog. Hog-Edge still lists a service kit for these regulators, so they should have the information also. I am sorry if you tried this already.

From what I remember there was a BP-1 then a BP-2 and then the product was discounted heavily and then dropped. The only vendor still listing it is Cave Adventurers. Others shops have sold it so they should have some idea on how to service it. Looking at the first stage it reminds me more of an Atomic or maybe a SP MK-10 Plus than a MK-25. However, it could be the cosmetics.

If you have no luck on the manual then I would post in the DIY section what the special tools are supposed to do and see what the work arounds are.

Thanks! The only sticking points are the turret retaining bolt torque and the O-ring stack/piston tool. If I run out of options, I think I'll just do it "by feel" and see what torque I get. I also plan to have the o-ring tool custom machined from Nylon or Delrin. I do have 5 new kits, all with the "new" upgraded pistons so I have some wiggle room. I'll keep this post updated.

Thanks! The only sticking points are the turret retaining bolt torque and the O-ring stack/piston tool. If I run out of options, I think I'll just do it "by feel" and see what torque I get. I also plan to have the o-ring tool custom machined from Nylon or Delrin. I do have 5 new kits, all with the "new" upgraded pistons so I have some wiggle room. I'll keep this post updated.
i forget the torque specs for the turret, I can say however that 150 inch pounds is either it or close. ;-)

I use a wooden chopstick as the "tool" for the O ring/piston rings. I'm highly technical that way

i forget the torque specs for the turret, I can say however that 150 inch pounds is either it or close. ;-)

I use a wooden chopstick as the "tool" for the O ring/piston rings. I'm highly technical that way

Thanks! That was plan C in case I get too lazy making the proper tool. :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom