Another "Help me build my GoPro rig" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you spend around $420 in total. That would get you a killer system.
@BDSC Can you send me the specs as well? I'll be looking for a video rig in the next 6 months or so too so def interested.

Thanks

You could be right.

But now I feel like it's some big secret to the ultimate GoPro rig... :rofl3:

BTW, great reference! I grew up on Secret Squirrel reruns, hadn't heard the name in a long time.

I’m not sure I totally agree with the filter vs lights argument. They are intrinsically for different things and it all depends on several factors..I.e. your lights are basically going to be useless diving in Socorro unless you are rocking a set of 4x keldan 8xs etc.. filter would be a good investment here. Same with a tripod and macromate mini is you are muck-diving in lambeh..your red filters will be useless. etc etc. The debate can be endless.

In no particular order:

1) is it a case of you diving occasionally or do you think you are going to do it seriously now (bucket lists around the world etc)
2) do you own any form of mirrorless or dslr camera as well as your GoPro?
3) how much of a perfectionist (obsessive) are you? Seriously... this is a very important question :)
4) are you ever honestly going to drop over $1000 on camera equipment? Think about this one..

When I had my first kid I asked my brothers, what’s the best thing you bought/received for you babies when they were born and they both said ‘ you are asking the wrong question buddy’ the question you need to be asking is ‘what were the things you bought/were given that on reflection were the least used/biggest waste of money’....the same principle applies when you are getting into underwater photography and I think you need to look at your purchases that way..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom