Just got more gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lastparrot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to diving in general. I posted an intro in the proper section so I won't repeat my story here.
I just picked up a 3mm wetsuit and my BCD after lunch. I was actually able to get in a pool for a while with the gear, which was great.

I ended up getting a Aqua Lung Axiom BC and the AquaFlex wetsuit. Even though I may dive some quarries, I went with the 3mm, since I figured that would work best in the gulf. I can always layer up...well I hope, the suit is pretty snug before I got into the water. I still need to pick up some gloves and a hood. I already had my regulator. I hope to get a chance to use these on Memorial Day when I visit Poseidon's Playground (which will be my first ocean/boat dive). I may do something more in shore later that week. It just depends on how the first trip goes. I welcome any feedback, criticism (constructive) or advice.

If anyone is going to be in the area and wouldn't mind diving with a newbie who will go through his air to fast, let me know...need a buddy on this trip.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to diving in general. I posted an intro in the proper section so I won't repeat my story here.
I just picked up a 3mm wetsuit and my BCD after lunch. I was actually able to get in a pool for a while with the gear, which was great.

I ended up getting a Aqua Lung Axiom BC and the AquaFlex wetsuit. Even though I may dive some quarries, I went with the 3mm, since I figured that would work best in the gulf. I can always layer up...well I hope, the suit is pretty snug before I got into the water. I still need to pick up some gloves and a hood. I already had my regulator. I hope to get a chance to use these on Memorial Day when I visit Poseidon's Playground (which will be my first ocean/boat dive). I may do something more in shore later that week. It just depends on how the first trip goes. I welcome any feedback, criticism (constructive) or advice.

If anyone is going to be in the area and wouldn't mind diving with a newbie who will go through his air to fast, let me know...need a buddy on this trip.

Hope you get great conditions for your dive. I have my check out in a week and hope to be back to the coast in June for a few dives. For now I am just resisting the urge to spend money :)

Are you going exactly on Memorial Day or the weekend before?

Are you going exactly on Memorial Day or the weekend before?

My Memorial day dive was cancelled by the operator. I now have a dive with Down Under out of Gulf Shores to hit Poseidon's Playground on Wed of that week. Before that dive though, I have a dive out of Pensecola the Sunday before Memorial Day. I am thinking of rescheduling that one to be with Down Under as well . It's so I don't have to travel as far and all my tanks and weights will be provided. The current operator has me getting my own. Since I am new I am hesitant on the lead amount to rent and then take somewhere else. Of course, all of this is pending on if I don't have surgery I will go diving.

Ok. I was thinking if you didn’t still have a dive buddy I was maybe thinking of seeing if I could make it down there cause I would like to dive Poseidon’s playground

Unfortunately I can’t make the Wednesday dive or the Pensacola dive because I have work Monday morning at 4am

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom