Attaching a Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I got a transmitter for my perdix and I plan to install it on a 6” hose.
I will also have a quick disconnect on the hose so that I can remove the transmitter for storage.
My question is where do I put the spool(s)?
My guess is to put only a spool between the transmitter and the quick disconnect. I don’t think a spool is required between the quick disconnect and the hose.

Does anyone else have that setting and can you confirm where you are putting spool(s).

Thanx!

*edited to correct error

That said, I think that set up is needlessly complex. Just screw it into your first stage as God intended and be done with it. Unless there is some specific problem you need to solve don't do it. Your just adding 4 or 5 failure points.

There is a quick disconnect between the hose and the transmitter as I mentioned above.

I need the transmitter to go down the side of the tank to SM it. Straight in the first stage doesn’t work for me as I would need to have the tank sitting lower and I don’t want that. @tbone1004 how do you run yours?

Okay but why a QD? Not trying to divert thread but that just seems like connection overkill

I just want to be able to remove the transmitter from the first stage to save transport and storage.

I just want to be able to remove the transmitter from the first stage to save transport and storage.
Seems a bit sketchy sidemount with QD. A lot going on at the valves of the tank while sidemount. I don't see the utility in having a QD.

The tx it pretty bulletproof. That said, I'm pretty sure the spool would go between the QD and the hose.

when I used one i put it on a 12-18 inch hp hose and ran it under y arm adn clipped to the hip or chest d ring just like it was an spg.

You should be treating your regs good enough that the transmitter won't take a beating to start with. Have you had problems smashing the SPG? Should be no different for the transmitter.

I will agree that adding a quick disconnect is just adding failure points. You should have no issues just leaving the transmitter on the regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom