Immigration Forms - online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that is an argument used to walk all over basic freedoms.

After 9/11 and FISA - not to mention NSA and other organizations - HONESTLY - you still believe any of us have basic freedoms???

Better for the Pub - but that was lost long long ago...

That’s because you were there on a weekday. I’d hate to see the kiosk on a Saturday.
That is why I try to travel on weekdays if possible. Only one set of roped off areas had kiosks. The other areas were for immigration forms only, which were not available anywhere. Maybe the online form deal is the best way to go right now.

:ontopic:

Sorry to get back to the original posting, but yesterday I was able to complete and print all the forms. It appears that there is a 29 day limit before traveling to Mexico before you can fill out the forms.

I know that we have filled out these forms on the airplane before, but I thought there were two forms: one that everyone had to fill out, and an additional one that was filled out for the entire family. Does anyone know if the family form is still required and whether there is an online replacement?

Collection of fingerprints is interesting, I suppose, but is it happening in Cozumel as well as Cancun? I would hate to see anything that slows down the start of a vacation.

Isn't the "family" form for customs? Different than Immigration.

Isn't the "family" form for customs? Different than Immigration.

I don't know. I've never really looked at whether the form said 'customs' or 'immigration' or 'welcome to Cozumel'.

My question was "Does anyone know if the family form is still required and whether there is an online replacement?"

I would bet money the customs form is still required. That's the one where you declare your imports, whether or not you are bringing in merchandise, agricultural products, meats, or over $10k cash.

I don't know if it is officially online but I found this pdf.
http://sjdloscabosairport.com/images/mexico_customs_declaration_form.pdf

You clear immigration before customs. Immigration is about you, your identification, your permission to enter. Customs is about what you are bringing with you. Mexico calls their customs Aduana.

I can't find it now, but I'm with the poster who said that any airline that flies across international borders should be required to furnish forms in flight. The countries involved are making so much in various taxes that they should be more responsible about furnishing them, but forcing either party is hopeless, so I guess get used to it.

I had to search for forms on arrival last trip, then complete them while dragging my roll-on in line. Next time I want my printout ready.

Came to through T3 in Cancun this afternoon and the plane had no forms to hand out. After we deboarded they only handed us the custom forms Wich I thought was odd. At the immigration area there were signs pointing to the end if you didn't have immigration forms. There was a bank of kiosks where you had to scan your passport, get your fingers prints taken as well as a picture. Then you take a printout to an agent. Customs hasn't changed. The whole process was very fast but it was not busy at all
I take it from that that you have to do that form on arrival now.

I can't find it now, but I'm with the poster who said that any airline that flies across international borders should be required to furnish forms in flight. The countries involved are making so much in various taxes that they should be more responsible about furnishing them, but forcing either party is hopeless, so I guess get used to it.

I can't imagine why United would not take a foot high stack of forms and stick them in a drawer unless it's Mexico that won't give them that many at a time. It's a simple matter of someone from the plane walking to the counter in CZM and getting some or having someone on the ground take some to the plane. I can see how the plane might not have forms if a new plane is called into service but don't they generally fly the same plane on the same route?

Back
Top Bottom