Lake Winnipesaukee Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone diving Winnipesaukee these days? Searching post and thread history, It's been years since a thread has popped up.

If I can make it up that way this summer, I'd like to make a couple dives. Just curious if there's any updated information out there. Ex. The good shore diving spot (McKinney Park) that was mentioned in one thread...is that still an option? Thank you.

It’s been over a decade since I’ve been there, but there was, (and still may be), a dive operation on Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro, NH. They ran boat dive trips, had gear for sale and rent, provided fills, and offered instruction. If they still are in business then they can most likely provide you with support and local information to help you make the most of your visit.

I can't answer your questions, however, if you make it up I *may* be able to meet you for a day of diving...

Cool. I'll let you know if I end up making it up to NH.
It’s been over a decade since I’ve been there, but there was, (and still may be), a dive operation on Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro, NH. They ran boat dive trips, had gear for sale and rent, provided fills, and offered instruction. If they still are in business then they can most likely provide you with support and local information to help you make the most of your visit.

It appears that they're still open. I'll check in with them if I make it up that way.

Pretty sure Winni is in our plans for this summer. We’re about an hour away at Lake Sunapee, which is also in the pla for this coming summer. We have some friends who did both last year but not sure where they went in at Winni.

McKinney is still used by divers in the area. Its not a bad entrance but a little bit of a walk with gear on. Parking can be a pain occassionally. I don't go up there often but the dive shop is https://www.divewinnipesaukee.com/. I think they do charts to the lady of the lake wreck which you may be interested in. Make sure you bring a flag as there is bot traffic on the lake all the time in season.

If you are already staying at the lake why not dive it. But if you have to drive to get there I would suggest just going to the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom