Tanks you use for Bonaire solo shore dives?

If you shore dive solo in Bonaire, what tanks do you use? Why?

• Single (back)

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Single (back) + pony

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Side + side 'pony'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Side doubles

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Back doubles

• Something else

• I don't solo shore dive Bonaire

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Solo is dumb

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • This is a dumb question

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AL 63 with 6 pony on the house reef I dive all week and will not be going deeper than say 60-70 with most of my time in the 30-50 zone. AL 80 and pony six on the same house reef if going deeper. On Bon I have not needed or had occasion to drive around to solo shore dive as I dive with a family of divers. It is usually on the house reef. Same in CUR.

Aluminum 80 for no deeper than 40'....switch to 2 aluminum 80's side mount for dives planned to be deeper than 40'....

AL80 back and AL80 pony. ideally I'd use a smaller pony, but I use my wife's AL80 for this purpose, so it's just at tank I already have. Same with rental tanks, just use the readily available AL80s.

double 80s for shallow rec diving in Bon. That's a lot of air and weight.

It is. Then again, I dive steel doubles at home, so it's not actually that bad in comparison. I don't dive solo without a redundant air source, and this is what was readily available to me. (lived there at the time, owned those 2 tanks). I'm also don't like the really small pony options, although I'll readily admit 80 cuft is overkill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom