Aquatica vs Subal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spare parts aren't normally an issue. I've almost always "cheapscated" with my gear buying s/h. This only works if you're good at preventive maintenance; i.e. know how to safely change o-rings etc. The Aquatica gear is great and if you know you can get ALL components you're after (before you commit), there is nothing wrong with that decision.
E.g. in '99 I had bought an old Subal F4 housing, a dome and a few Nikonos strobes, all s/h. I serviced the housing myself. This complemented the six other cameras I had to take to Antarctica on three occasions 2001/2. The Subal housing was the best investment and the tool for the job. Nothing ever went wrong with it; I bought a new set of o-rings in 2010 (this about 15 years after Subal stopped making the housing). Sold it in 2012 after hundreds of dives and still going strong. This is just one example of many of older /good gear not 'restricting my creative output' lol.
Bottom line: Buy good gear, new/secondhand/ whatever. Look after it and you don't have to "upgrade" often. Noone can tell from your pics which camera you were using unless you a) told them, or b) haven't learned how to make the best use of what you have.

Back
Top Bottom