Fakarava or Moorea in addition to Rangiroa??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divinh I think you will find its the same op that do fed lemon shark dives on both bora bora and moorea - the bottom of the pile op. Huahine may be your best choice of the other islands @ Thomas Dawson although Raitea is a gorgeous island.

we are going to moorea - raiatea - motu mahaea - bora bora - huahine

If I had to pick two islands to dive from your list, I would chose Raiatea and Bora-Bora. One of our dives at Raiatea was at the Canyon, where we saw a huge (50+) fever of Eagle Rays cruising up and down the canyon, and Anau at Bora-Bora is a Manta cleaning station. Also dove Tapu and Toopua in Bora-Bora, and both of those sites were better than what we saw in Moorea. Moorea is a gorgeous island, and you would not be disappointed to rent a car and drive around the island. Take your snorkel gear, and you can take advantage of snorkeling as well. We were on Windstar in Polynesia last year, and the picnics at Motu Mahaea and Huaine were wonderful to just relax, enjoy the island, and snorkel from the shore. You will have a wonderful trip on Windstar regardless of what you choose to do on the trip. It is a gorgeous part of the world. If you have the time to dive Moorea as well as see the island, you might have a different experience than we did, but if you are just there for one day, I recommend touring the island instead of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom