Bull Shark Dive from Today Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IncreaseMyT

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any questions. Make sure you turn HD on with the gear in lower right of YT

Yep,,,we're in the PEAK of the 'Bull Run'. Should be back to normal in about 2 weeks when the temps hit 78-79 and they follow the bait up to Ft. Pierce, etc.
Great video,,we're back out in Jupiter tomorrow looking in rocks and blow-outs.

Excellent video, we’re they able to remove the line?

Thank you!

Unfortunately not the hook but I did take down a lot of line and the swivel. It is tough you have to pull on it over and over to loosen it up before you can get it out, and the bull sharks usually don't let you get this close to them. Once I gave it the first good jerk he (I think) took off fast and never came too close to me again until the very end.

I was just hoping since it was a jigging spoon it was just in the skin or something and if I yanked hard it would pop out, but I guess it is in there pretty good. Need a distraction and have someone from behind try to get the edge of a stringer on it.

The feeder, who was a female named Leigh Cobb and was awesome, she actually has a video going on shark week where she pops a big hook out of a Oceanic White Tip. She said she worked it for an hour and at the end she puts her hand on the sharks head and pulls the hook towards her and it pops out. Really cool video. Hard to get the bulls to let you get that close, a couple were pregnant though and feeding way more than others and this was a rare occasion according to her. They were very hungry so they were getting up close and personal, I got so much footage it is unreal, I will look closer at it later.

Great job, that’s amazing that you were able to get that close. Do these shark runs happen near west palm also? I lived there when I was younger but that was before I was diving. Now I live in another paradise by the sea where it’s currently 47 air temp and sometimes in Lake Michigan you might see a bluegill if you get lucky. It’s time to go back to Florida.

Looks like fun! Terrific video! M

Great job, that’s amazing that you were able to get that close. Do these shark runs happen near west palm also? I lived there when I was younger but that was before I was diving. Now I live in another paradise by the sea where it’s currently 47 air temp and sometimes in Lake Michigan you might see a bluegill if you get lucky. It’s time to go back to Florida.

Oh yea for sure. Plus it is a short drive from W Palm to Jupiter. From the water you can easily see W Palm where the dives are but Jupiter is a shorter boat ride. Plus there is only 2 people I would wanna go with, Leigh Cobb who I went with here or Josh the Shark Guy.

I know all about the great lakes, I grew up on Lake Erie so I totally agree with you. I miss the summers, but I love it down here I will never leave.

Found some more footage, this one is of my buddy getting some great film.

If it's a bad idea to teach bears or alligators to associate humans with food, why is it ok to feed sharks?

I... why is it ok to feed sharks?
All those millions of hook and line folks sitting in boats having their catch stripped from from their lines underwater, teaching sharks. Smart sharks getting an easy meal.:troll: :troll: :troll:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom