Best place to buy a Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard the same thing but there's a shop in Melbourne that give 5% discount on the Teric and 7% on the Perdix, you probably know who I'm talking about :)

5-7% of what? when the map window may be 1050 - 1200 then 5-7% of the 1200 is still in the window. Pricing is always smoke and mirrors.

in OZ we don't have MAP. How it's done to circumvent OZ competition law is that the goods are owned by the Manufacturer / Distributor, and they do not agree to selling at a lower price.

If the retailers did own the stock, then yes it's illegal / anti-competitive practise, assuming someone goes to complain about it.

Just buy from your LDS and support your local businesses.

I've got a great LDS, but not everyone does. Also, scuba is a small world where I live so everyone knows everyone. Sometimes people get voted off the island for bad behavior. Some of the trips I've been on have had drama more fitting for high school. Also, not my case, but what if your LDS is run by a jerk? I have heard plenty of people on the net who complain about the treatment at their LDS.

I actually think the $1095 is a fair price for the value. I didn't have a problem at time of purchase when comparing to other options on the market and after using it, felt like I received a bargain as it exceeded expectations.

I submit that it only sounds fair because it is compared to other units that are also MAP'd. Remember the Epi-pen fiasco. triple the price to be """"competitive priced""""". If the competitor has a similar item you make one ans sell it for 10 bucks less and that makes it a good deal?

I got my roof done years ago for 125 a square. 6 months later the best you could get was 380 a square because of post hurricane gouging. I suppose you could say that 380 was a good deal?

So long as there is MAP system there will never be functional competition. And yet with out it,, small shops will go out of business. A double edged sword. the lower wholesale prices for stores that process large volumns are equally a problem.

Call Edd at Cave Adventurers. I don't think he's ever sold a single product at the MSRP. His website will show MSRP, but usually if you call they have a better price. That may not be true anymore for shearwater products since they came out with their new rule. So if you take my advice and he's got a deal, don't post it online.

Ummm.. from a manufacturer’s POV, didn’t you just out him?

From what I have noticed, some retailers will try to help you out with “package” deals. That’s how they sort of get around map rules.

Ummm.. from a manufacturer’s POV, didn’t you just out him?

From what I have noticed, some retailers will try to help you out with “package” deals. That’s how they sort of get around map rules.

It’s really no secret. And as I said he may not anymore if shesrwater has new rules. So if he still does don’t post it. I haven’t bought a computer from him in 3 years. He still has unbeatable prices on most stuff.

It’s really no secret. And as I said he may not anymore if shesrwater has new rules. So if he still does don’t post it. I haven’t bought a computer from him in 3 years. He still has unbeatable prices on most stuff.

No new rules. Shearwater has been consistent with their policies from the gitgo. Only exception is selling to staff.

Happy Veterans Day which reminded me of this earlier discussion. Looking for a Teric and wanted to see if anyone found these anymore? Any Black Friday Cyber monday deals?

Back
Top Bottom