Making rig buoyant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pipe with air in it would be buoyant.....

Similar products I have used are not very structural, in other words I would be worried about it collapsing when subjected to the pressure at depth. Try it in a piece of pvc about the same size as your handles and take it to depth to test.

Good luck

Bob

I use the Ultralight buoyancy arms. Less hassle to deal with.
DB-BL.jpg

Does a hollow pvc pipe with just the volume of air inside have more buoyancy than the foam blocks? I could build a PVC pipe to go along the bottom??

pipe.png

Thanks

I don't think you want the added buoyancy on the bottom. Your rig will always be trying to invert itself in the water. Better to put it on top, so the heavier frame "hangs" from the buoyant element.

I don't think you want the added buoyancy on the bottom. Your rig will always be trying to invert itself in the water. Better to put it on top, so the heavier frame "hangs" from the buoyant element.

Was wondering about that, thanks!

Question,
I have a piece of 2” PVC pipe and a 1-1/2” sewer black pipe, will the black pipe hold up if the ends are sealed to 100’ depths or will it implode?

pipe.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom