Finclip - First Dives Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased a set of finclips after back surgury issues made it very difficult to put my fins on. they are amazingly easy to install and I did not notice any difference while swimming with them vs the standard straps that came with my mares fins. Our scuba group is getting older 60's to 80's. I would like to get a number to get replacement screws as one fell out during my 2 weeks in Bonaire.

As was said in Lethal Weapon - "god hates me, that's what" I just found out from Paolo (the inventor) that the FinClip won't work with my fins. The boot heel extends out too far. %$#@& @$#%&*!!!!!!!!

While I could buy new fins I can't find anything even close to acceptable. Oh Well - life sux, then you dive. At least I can get them on and off when I'm not wearing neoprene.
@Kharon I realize this is a old post from you, but I stumbled across the thread when it popped up again.

Is the problem that: the tail/bottom of the of the fin pocket too long or too short?

I would guess too short, but I don't know for sure. The company just told me that they wouldn't work because I had "technical" fins. Don't think the Aeris Excell is a technical fin.

Too long and a judicious use of a utility knife would do the trick ...

Too short might be at least partially dependent on how much YOUR boot extends past the edge (i.e. - varies on foot proportions & size, fin pocket proportions and "size", and boot thickness). Did you measure your actual overhang and give it to them?

I purchased a set of finclips after back surgury issues made it very difficult to put my fins on. they are amazingly easy to install and I did not notice any difference while swimming with them vs the standard straps that came with my mares fins. Our scuba group is getting older 60's to 80's. I would like to get a number to get replacement screws as one fell out during my 2 weeks in Bonaire.

As noted above, very similar to my circumstances and results.

I love these things for their contribution to my continued diving.

My set came with three spare screws.

PM me with a mailing address and I'll send you one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom