New Diver in Port Richey Florida looking for diving buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh2btru

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi to all drivers. I just got certified I’ve done seven dives and I am looking forward to doing dives on the weekends in Central Florida. Hopefully in the springs, the rivers, and moving out to the Gulf. if anyone has the same goals or similar dive locations in mind I’d love to get to know you and meet up for some diving. Kimberly

Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of diving and Scubaboard.

Good morning and thank you so much. I’m looking forward to diving hopefully multiple weekends a month.

You have lots of good options. Crystal River-King Sping is nice. You can do drift dives in rainbow river.

I visit Blue Grotto, and Paradise Spring a coupe times a year. Further north, We have a lot of options: Ginnie Springs, Troy, Peacock and a few lesser known, out of the way spots. :)

Thank you so much. So I would like to dive with an experienced driver, would I also need a guide for my first couple dives outside of the training?

Thank you so much. So I would like to dive with an experienced driver, would I also need a guide for my first couple dives outside of the training?

You don’t really “need” a guide once you are certified, but it’s always a good idea to go to a new site with someone with a little more experience at either that site, or similar types of dives. I see most certification cards and just a learning permit, anyway. Whoever you end up diving with, you should try to have a good pre and post dive discussion, and always ask for feedback. Your buddy will often see a bad habbit or gear issue long before you do. :)

howdy and welcome from your southeast florida neighbor.....happy diving to you.

Thank you so much. I hope to dive all over Florida and Ft Lauderdale is only about 5 hours south.. not bad
Kimberly

Here's a thought. Take a long weekend and go to Key Largo. Dive with an operator like Rainbow Reef who puts a dive guide in the water with the divers. After you do 6 or 8 dives, you'll feel your confidence level increases significantly

Welcome to "the Club". If you come up to Springs area, there are a few good options for new open water divers. You are just starting this journey, remember keep learning and keep diving. May I suggest listening to our podcast: Pod Diver Radio. Lots of good info there for divers of every level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom