Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can dive the site without a guide. But as the others are saying, a holiday weekend there will be a circus... Be prepared to show up at about 6am to get a spot to park for the 2:00pm high tide....:surrender:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Ok so maybe that weekend won't be the best idea! Thanks, having never been didn't know what to expect.

Check with Force E who are located just west of Phil Foster Park - they may have something planned. Memorial Day Weekend isn't the day I'd be considering unless high tide was before 0900. Lot will likely be crazy packed as will the water - just not relaxing in IMHO.
Thanks for the tip. Question, is it just packed with divers or is an intracoastal beach that popular?

Pura Vida also is nearby. If they don't have something scheduled they will arrange a private guide. Helpful for pointing out macro stuff like nudis, seahorse, etc.

You can dive the site without a guide. But as the others are saying, a holiday weekend there will be a circus... Be prepared to show up at about 6am to get a spot to park for the 2:00pm high tide....:surrender:
OK thanks yean, I'll pass, I get the point! LOL
I feel like a guide on the first one would be useful and then maybe we will go ourselves alone on subsequent trips.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Ok so maybe that weekend won't be the best idea! Thanks, having never been didn't know what to expect.

Thanks for the tip. Question, is it just packed with divers or is an intracoastal beach that popular?

OK thanks yean, I'll pass, I get the point! LOL
I feel like a guide on the first one would be useful and then maybe we will go ourselves alone on subsequent trips.

Look at the Facebook site, if you have Facebook.

If not, there are plenty of diagrams on the web to show you where to enter and which way to go.

We always try to go during the week to avoid crowds.

Are there any official guided dives from any shops for BHB or do you have to request that privately? Or is this more a just go by yourself?
Wanting to maybe try it out for memorial day weekend so just curious

On Memorial Day weekend the beaches will be busy and every moron with a boat will be in the water, so the inlet will be slammed.

Challenges in your first 100 dives?

For your entertainment here is my Memorial Day weekend experience at BHB. Post #53

Truth. they will close the parking lot when it gets full. Picnickers will be there before sunrise with the grills going. Nothing like getting out of the water after an early morning dive with extreme hunger and all you can smell is BBQ..

that's a good idea. or use a guide the whole time. Most guides are really good at spotting stuff you will swim right over.

Truth. they will close the parking lot when it gets full. Picnickers will be there before sunrise with the grills going. Nothing like getting out of the water after an early morning dive with extreme hunger and all you can smell is BBQ..

that's a good idea. or use a guide the whole time. Most guides are really good at spotting stuff you will swim right over.
Ok thanks for the tip. Hadn't thought it was such a busy park, will have to plan this for another day, perhaps after summer.
Once my partner gets lay of the land (and probably before) we should be fine without but in my very new diver opinion, its nice to go out with people familiar so they can spot things or show us things and that way you get the routine of how things are done there.
Look at the Facebook site, if you have Facebook.

If not, there are plenty of diagrams on the web to show you where to enter and which way to go.

We always try to go during the week to avoid crowds.
There is a blue heron bridge facebook page? I found one for blue heron bridge scuba and blue heron bridge dive club? And also, I have seen the map but I would still fee more comfortable the first time with someone who knew the ins and outs.

On Memorial Day weekend the beaches will be busy and every moron with a boat will be in the water, so the inlet will be slammed.

Challenges in your first 100 dives?

For your entertainment here is my Memorial Day weekend experience at BHB. Post #53
Good point, guess I wasn't thinking that far but yea, here in Miami, they are all morons, I guess I didn't expect that disease to reach so far north! LOL
that was funny! thanks for the laugh.

Ok thanks for the tip. Hadn't thought it was such a busy park, will have to plan this for another day, perhaps after summer.
Once my partner gets lay of the land (and probably before) we should be fine without but in my very new diver opinion, its nice to go out with people familiar so they can spot things or show us things and that way you get the routine of how things are done there.

There is a blue heron bridge facebook page? I found one for blue heron bridge scuba and blue heron bridge dive club? And also, I have seen the map but I would still fee more comfortable the first time with someone who knew the ins and outs.

Good point, guess I wasn't thinking that far but yea, here in Miami, they are all morons, I guess I didn't expect that disease to reach so far north! LOL
that was funny! thanks for the laugh.
Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club

Yes the BHB dive club, lots of good info

>>Vis was challenge today - 5-10 feet but did finally find my frogfish! Was mostly an octopus kinda cinco de mayo

Hi Snowdog,

Nice shot of the frogfish!

I've been putting a macro video together for a while and have looked for frogfish at BHB before with no luck. Where exactly did you see that or are they usually found? I've mostly looked around the sunken boat, artwork/statues on South side and under the bridge on the East end). I've seen frogfish overseas but would like to film them at BHB.

Thanks.

Beneath the waves from Blueline_Trigger (DCS) on Vimeo

Anyone down for a night dive tomorrow? I’m in town for the week and need a buddy. Can pay for fills, tip, or buy some cold ones if needed.

Against my better judgement, going to be doing BHB on 06 July with a Pura Vida guide. Know it's going to be a zoo, but best day to do it before flying out of town later in the afternoon the following day. Very much looking forward to the first time there!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom