Choosing Two Destinations Maldives and Thailand/Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba kbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am going to the Maldives in April, and I am looking to pair this with another location. I will have about 1 week after the Maldives. The Maldives is already booked, and I want to pair this with a week in another location in Asia. For the second location, I am looking for a place with nice fish life and soft corals.

Last year, I went to Koh Lanta, and I was considering just going back there again. I liked the diving especially Hin Daeng/Hin Muang. However, it would be nice to try some place new. Is there another location in Thailand that someone would also recommend? I was also thinking about the Similan Islands with the possibility to go to Richelieu Rock. Another option I was considering was to go to Bali since I have not been to Indonesia yet. Are there any other locations that I should also consider that I might be missing? Most likely I am flying home through Singapore or Hong Kong.

For Thailand a LOB including RR would be the best - Similan was fine, but RR was amazing.

Bali was also great - since you’re most likely seeing the mantas in Maldives, then maybe go for Amed?

Raja Ampat is the best og the best, but hard to get to.

Have you thought about Philippines? Tubbataha season is from March-May I believe? We’re currently in Malapascua and love it here, but there’s so many places to go:)

But the east is kind of far from Maldives- have you thought of Seychelles, Sri Lanka or Sudan? I think you can go directly to Sri Lanka? And via Dubai to Sudan.

Personally I would spend a second week in the Maldives. You will loose lots and lots of diving time with all of this travel and the Maldives definitely warrants a second week.

You must be made of stren stuff to be considering effectively a round the world trip and a liveaboard and moving to another destination all in two weeks. Of the locations you mention Bali would be my recommendation . If you like macro , the area around Tulamben would be the obvious choice , but this is a three hour plus drive from the international airport !

Best fishes x

Tippytoes12 is reading my mind again!

I 100% agree with her expressed opinion. Stay in the Maldives!

I agree with Chilly.

Sri Lanka was a reasonable suggesting until......
If the OP is returning home from Singapore then Bunaken/Lembeh is viable. A short flight from Singapore by Silk Air.
Time is the main issue with all these additional travelling.

Back
Top Bottom