Recommended Tec instruction or dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks. That is the Mark Powell of 'Deco for Divers'????? Jeepers. He knows his stuff...

Didn't realise St Andrew's was open for diving yet. I'll look it up.

Take a course from diving legend Mark Powell! I consider taking TDI Extended range and Trimix courses from him as well. However, before that I need to get comfortable in drysuit diving as I always dived in wetsuit.

Many thanks. That is the Mark Powell of 'Deco for Divers'????? Jeepers. He knows his stuff...

Didn't realise St Andrew's was open for diving yet. I'll look it up.

Yes, him. He has another book out which you should definitely read if considering technical train8mg. Or more locally Toni Norton at Purple Turtle, she is in South London. She could do you either TDI or PADI I think.

My suggestion would be to do a drysuit course with whoever, then a good few dives to be comfortable with that and then Intro to Tec. In U.K. boat diving sidemount is rare. I have seen many more people doing it in lake shore than on a boat. So I would suggest leaving that until you have got the accelerated deco bit done. About then you will realise you want a rebreather.

St Andrews is open. I like it, partly because it is closer and an easier drive than the usual inland site I use and partly because it has plenty of depth. I hope to finish off a BSAC Sports Diver trainee there on Sunday.

Depending on where you are in Kent you may find some properly active BSAC clubs with boats, compressors and even trimix facilities close at hand. Joining one is the best way to get a bunch of dives done to build up the skills you need. Otherwise you would benefit from having a buddy along on the training. That is good for the courses themselves but also for subsequent dives using the new skills.

I just finished my first tech course TDI ANDP and I really really enjoyed it. My skill level is much much higher than when I started
And my comfort level in OOA situations and huge task loading is much higher better.
Regardless of whether you want to continue tech diving or not I think an entry level tech course will up your skill set tremendously.
Good luck in your venture!

If you are from UK then Mark Powell teaches all the TDI Tech classes. He is an authority on Decompression and I would actually be willing to fly to UK to do a Trimix class from him. Amazing tech diving instructor and author. I don’t think you can go higher than him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom