St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@macado uses Blue Foot Diving and Andrew just splashed his boat Friday

@macado, who did you charter with? I was under the impression that the charter operators weren't in the water yet.

We used Blue Foot Diving. As @Tug said they splashed in last Friday. I also believe Hunts Dive Shop's charter will be in shortly or is already in since I have some friends diving with them next weekend.

St Lawrence river dive charter season is open!

Me and @ScubaGypsy did another charter to the Jodrey this morning before driving back to New England. We had ~60ft of visibility and 32 degrees fahrenheit (0c) on the bottom again. We opted to keep our runtime to 70 minutes so that we didn't have to do more than 40 minutes of deco in that freezing water. :) It was brisk..

Anyone been in the water lately? I'm heading back up to Alexandria Bay to dive Jodrey on Saturday. How is the visibility?

Looks like buoy is reporting 44F water temperatures.

I was there last weekend and the water at was 6C at both the Rothesay and Conestoga.
Viz was about 15’

We did the american wrecks - Vickery and the Keystorm last weekend.
Vickery was 41F, Keystorm was 42F. 46F would be luxurious.

Viz was actually very good. I could see the smoke stack of the Keystorm from the bow - about 60' - but there was little current on it. With higher waters any current seems to bring a little worse viz. Viz on the Vickery was about 30'

Have fun on the Jodrey - its a cool wreck.

Anyone know viz at the Brockville scuba park?

I forgot to update this thread. Myself and @ScubaGypsy dove the Jodrey on last Saturday (May 11th). We had approximately 30-40ft of dark visibility at depth and a water temperature of 43 degrees fahrenheit (~6c) at depth.

I also dove the AE Vickery in the afternoon and got similar water temperatures of 43-44f degrees with about 30-35ft of visibility.

The water temperature is rising rapidly up 10 degrees from my last trip :) Hopefully the visibility stays good this year. The water level is pretty high right now and lots of rivers are pumping mud / debris but visibility at depth seems to still be decent.

You might want to check with the local dive shops to see what the water level is. We were planning on taking our RIB down to Kingston to dive there next week.... no way that is happening now! Yesterday we did a trip down to check out the Collins Bay ramp that we normally use and came back along the 1000 Island Parkway to check the other ramps. The Collins Bay ramp and dock is under water. Collins Bay Marina doesn't think that they will be able to use their ramp for a couple of weeks. They are launching stored boats with a crane. At Mallorytown Parks Canada had cut off access to the waterline at the park ramp as the park is flooded, with a concrete barrier, and closed the ramp. Most of the ramps have disappeared under water so access to the steps at Canteen might be a problem by the weekend as we were told the that the water is rising 3-4cms per day and will not peak for another 2 weeks.

A state of Emergency was declared in Jefferson County, NY due to high water levels in Lake Ontario and St Lawrence.

60348870_2592530537427699_3854768667539537920_n.png

Back
Top Bottom