Hotel/Resort Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lions does a big all you can eat buffet. Eggs made to order being the lead item. Lots of yogurts, fruit, granola, pancakes?, bacon, sausage, bread... Think it was like $15-$18 per person/day.....

Can't remember what time it started, but we did it each morning before departing with the Dive Bus. Frequently saw divers at other tables, but don't know if they were going with OE or something else. Check with the dive op to see what time they go....

Hi All,

I just received a call from Hilton and they will pay for us to stay at the Lion's Dive - so awesome. We have to book and pay for it because Hilton does not have any ties to them and then I will send the receipt to my Hilton contact and they will send us a check. Don't worry, Hilton has always had really good customer service so I do not have any doubts that they will pay us back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can work with them there to make sure we get a king bed (and not two doubles in our room)? I also got Hilton to agree to pay for the breakfast at the Lion's Dive since we would have had breakfast at the Hilton, however I am trying to decide if I should take the breakfast. Does anyone know what it is like and the time breakfast runs from? I ask because we usually do not eat any or definitely not a huge breakfast before we go diving in the AM so if their breakfast is a heavy/full breakfast then I might opt out of Hilton paying for that and taking their offer of receiving 30,000 of our points back. Thoughts???

Thanks for all the help - I appreciate it.

Woohoo that is great news.

I would book via their website.

As I recall they have an occasional buffet for breakfast but mind you I am well across the way from their buffet. Not sure when buffet is but their boats are loaded up by 8:30. I am pretty sure I see folk moving around at Hemmingways fairly early 7:30. I like you eat little before diving.. toast with liver sausage or other cold cuts which I make in the room. Cold cuts bread and cheese at Verugdenhil grocery are really quite good. Quite sure your resort runs a shuttle there and back. After Diving is a whole nother story. :)

Enjoy your trip and post a report. Don't forget sunsets at the beach bar.

I will definitely post a report after our trip. We ended up foregoing the breakfast and getting some of our Hilton points back. Since we are not heavy breakfast eaters, especially when diving, we will just get some whole fruit and granola bars from the grocery store and get them in our room to eat before we dive.

Thanks for everyone's help. Looking forward to our trip.

Since we are not heavy breakfast eaters, especially when diving, we will just get some whole fruit and granola bars from the grocery store and get them in our room to eat before we dive.
We generally do the same and did so at Lions Dive. We passed on the breakfast buffet. You can find places to pick up a coffee and something light if need be.

My buddies and I did a VRBO, we start early to get max dives in so we just make our own breakfast, load up on tanks the night before and off we go. We don’t do boat dives unless it’s a live aboard trip.

We found Curaçao to be amazingly affordable, total for airfare, 2 br house, all the tanks we could use and a pick up truck, $1200 for a week toss in all groceries and eating out every night, the ribs factory is amazing and a place next to the lunamart that starts with a “p” like pinchu (various meat hanging on long skewers) was about another $250.

We flew Copa airlines out of SF through Panama, much better than United out of anywhere.

@lexvil The place is called Pincho Garden next to Luna park Maxi market on the Caracasbaaiweg. An amazing place. A friend described it as the 'meat curtain' place! :rofl3:
That’s it, we ate there twice and the ribs factory twice, those two places alone will weigh heavily on the plan to return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom