Looking for Dive Buddy's Near Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s effing awesome.

I’m on the Alma tomorrow and the Hammond boat Sunday, as long as the weather holds. A couple weeks ago the bottom temp was 39, I’m told. Looking forward to it! :D

Um. You do know there is warm water diving right?:rofl3:

Um. You do know there is warm water diving right?:rofl3:

All the diving I want is essentially in my backyard - or within a day’s drive (or a bit longer). Throw gear in my car and go. No planes involved.

All the diving I want is essentially in my backyard - or within a day’s drive (or a bit longer). Throw gear in my car and go. No planes involved.

Lol you don't know what you're missing though. The warm water clears the soul and the Chicago ice off ya. Lol

Lol you don't know what you're missing though. The warm water clears the soul and the Chicago ice off ya. Lol

I’ve had a passion for Great Lakes wrecks since 1991. I have no desire to dive elsewhere. Period. Most people don’t get it. I also like cold.

I’ve had a passion for Great Lakes wrecks since 1991. I have no desire to dive elsewhere. Period. Most people don’t get it. I also like cold.

:eek::eek:

That’s good info! My son lives in Milwaukee anyway, so that would be an easy transition from my work/office time.

Above 130 is just fine for my first exposure to Lake Michigan. I’m a big baby when it comes to cold water. Hahah. I guess I’m spoiled by the local 71* water. :)

Any idea if Double Action is ok with diving CCR w a bail-out stage on a rec trip?
They're fine, a lot of their staff are tech and cave divers.

If you wanted to hit up the Hume while you're here, I'll be happy to go with you and can probably scare up two more tech divers to fill the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom