Regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious...what is the issue with the lollipop config? If one is only diving open water...I would think one would like the ability to barely have to look down and see two diff SPGs at all times...but, I have not had SM training nor dove SM, yet.... :)

I think one issue is they can drag the cave/wreck floor or reef if not properly positioned. If they are close to your chest and on a six inch hose that does not droop, you are probably OK.

Right, I knew that part...just wondering about open water [no cave, no wreck penetration]....I mean, other than it can look a little funny :)

Awesome, thanks! It seems super comfy to be able to just see the SPGs in your peripheral at all times while looking ahead.

Slightly off topic....seems there is very little air-integration used in SM, right?

I think one issue is they can drag the cave/wreck floor or reef if not properly positioned. If they are close to your chest and on a six inch hose that does not droop, you are probably OK.

I used lollipop when I am doing OW. Nothing wrong with it.

SAMESIES!

upload_2019-5-17_15-36-13.png

Right, I knew that part...just wondering about open water [no cave, no wreck penetration]....I mean, other than it can look a little funny :)

Still, keep an eye out for coral or other delicate loveliness. Mine are tight against my chest, so no issues.

Cannot tell you why but that is correct. I have several side mount buddies and none use an AI setup. I just prefer gauges myself.

Never dove with AI, SM or otherwise, but my regular dive buddy that dives SM LOVES it. Would be nice to have all your info on your wrist. Plus the calculations that can be done automatically with AI would be a plus...

I use AI. I know a lot of people who do as well. There are no cons for it as long as your computer can track 2 transmitters (praise shearwater!).

I use AI. I know a lot of people who do as well. There are no cons for it as long as your computer can track 2 transmitters (praise shearwater!).

First Perdix AI I can nab at a steal, I'll move to AI too. Til then, I just have to keep checkin' them gauges and doing that math.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom