Gopro 7 black with Inon UFL-G140 SD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was so impressed with a friend's results that I now have a Hero 7 Black with an INON UFL-G140 (with a pair of INON 3100 lumen lights). The lens simply restores the same wide angle coverage on land lost due to the flat port on the SuperSuit housing. There is no "fisheye" effect that I can see or any edge or corner blur. Most incredibly the INON lens gives the Hero 7 Black a depth of field that goes from 1.6 inches to infinity with crystal clear sharpness. I also shoot 4k. The hypersmooth technology makes hand holding for macro come out well (although nothing beats a tripod). Don't have access to my footage at the moment but will try to post some later. Bottom line, I love my INON UFL-G140 lens! Mark

tQckNR.jpg

UD3aO0.jpg

Hey gents,

I'm thinking about getting one of these before an upcoming Bali trip, how do you find them with no narrow mode? Do you shoot everything in linear mode or just leave it in wide then edit the blur out in post? Just trying to work out if it's really worth the money, any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

I typically use linear whenever it is available. It's not available in 4K though. I often crop in post anyway to focu more on the subject and eliminate fish-eye and distortion at the edges.

I was so impressed with a friend's results that I now have a Hero 7 Black with an INON UFL-G140 (with a pair of INON 3100 lumen lights). The lens simply restores the same wide angle coverage on land lost due to the flat port on the SuperSuit housing. There is no "fisheye" effect that I can see or any edge or corner blur. Most incredibly the INON lens gives the Hero 7 Black a depth of field that goes from 1.6 inches to infinity with crystal clear sharpness. I also shoot 4k. The hypersmooth technology makes hand holding for macro come out well (although nothing beats a tripod). Don't have access to my footage at the moment but will try to post some later. Bottom line, I love my INON UFL-G140 lens! Mark

Thank you, I have ordered one few days ago, still waiting it for first test. Good to read you confirm than it's a good choice. The depth of field looks perfect for any situation.

@Scuba Lawyer are you able to post any videos with the INON UFL-G140. What are the camera settings when shooting through the WA lens.

I usually shoot 4K-60fps, Wide, ProTune (auto white balance....). I haven't had time to upload any other vids but here is a very short clip I took the other day with the UFL-G140 lens. Visibility was really bad (1 or 2 feet max) but the lens made it look like the vis was fantastic. To give an idea of how wide the lens is, I was about 4 inches from the Garibaldi in the vid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom