How to? Make/Buy Double Regulator Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1. Can anyone provide a link, picture, description on how to make a double regulator necklace? I've only heard about but have never seen it.

2. Any advice on how far they should be spaced apart would also be great.

I have the dive rite single regulator necklace and love it. I found directions on how to make a single regulator necklace. However, I do not know how to make a double. I believe you would have to use a different knot technique for the 2nd regulator hoop and use something to keep the two regulator hoops a certain distance apart.

Cheers

What is a double regulator necklace supposed to do? Why do you want two second stages under your chin?

What is a double regulator necklace supposed to do? Why do you want two second stages under your chin?
Yes, I believe so. I've heard of it on the forums and would like to try it.

You haven't said what it's supposed to accomplish. What problem are you trying to solve?

I imagine it would make it harder to donate. When you have heard about it could it be that rather than a double necklace they were referring to a single necklace as used with doubles.

1. Can anyone provide a link, picture, description on how to make a double regulator necklace? I've only heard about but have never seen it.

2. Any advice on how far they should be spaced apart would also be great.

I have the dive rite single regulator necklace and love it. I found directions on how to make a single regulator necklace. However, I do not know how to make a double. I believe you would have to use a different knot technique for the 2nd regulator hoop and use something to keep the two regulator hoops a certain distance apart.

Cheers

If you're referring to this, only the backup regulator (on the bottom) is on a necklace. The primary (on the top) is on a long hose behind the neck.
ch6_page65.jpg

doubles set up.jpg

ND...

The attached is a common hogarthian tec configured doubles reg set-up...minus a dry-suit inflator hose...

You can use a snap hook on your long hose primary/right tank second stage...to keep the second stage off the dive boat floor while you're dressing...

The necklace shown is for your left tank second...which is your ''safe second'' once you've passed off your long hose primary to your buddy...

NO necklace on your primary...remembering you may have to pass this regulator off...putting it on a necklace and lifting it over your head in an emergency is a good way to lose your mask at depth...and if the bottom is no where in sight...and you have no back-up mask...you and your buddy are both breathing...but you can't see...you're now in more trouble than your buddy who needed a reg pass-off...

I've never seen or heard of this double necklace configuration your suggesting...but I recommend you forget it...the last thing in the world you want is two tangled necklaces around your neck in an emergency...

As far as DIY necklaces...a length of small dia. bungee cut to suit...single knot on each end...secured under the zip tie on each side of your mouth-piece...I used this method for years...a spool of bungee in your kit is one of your best friends...

Dive Safe...

Warren

Surely this was covered in your "TDI Deco" class.....?

Yes, I believe so. I've heard of it on the forums and would like to try it.

Why would you like to try it?
What do you think it'll do or magically solve for you?

Could you point us towards a "double reg necklace" because I'm sure most of us haven't heard about it...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom