Hepps Dive Sites as Shore Dives and Coconut Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alucard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There have been several threads over the past few months talking about the shore dives from Coconut Bay - specifically the Hepps Pipeline and Hepps Wall sites.

While they are excellent dives, the facilities on shore are owned by the Coconut Bay Condominium Association (STRATA). I am an owner there and I said that I would get official word from the STRATA as to whether or not this for use by the public.

At the STRATA Annual General Meeting yesterday it was decided that these facilities are NOT available to the public. Only residents and overnight guests at Coconut Bay may access the property, use the dive station, and the ladder. Signs will be posted in the near future to reflect this. The main reason for this is liability, but also because the STRATA has to repair the wear and tear of the dive prep station, and is not gaining any funds from these visitors in order to support this.

Boat dives at these sites, of course, because those ARE public property, are not affected.

Thank you for your patience while I tried to get this settled.

I'm not a Craig, nor do I play one on the Internet, but you are welcome. :)

Agree. It is a shame but totally understandable. As the world becomes more litigious it is the price we pay.

Thanks for letting us know, at least we can still dive it as a boat dive.

Cat's out of the bag now - good to know for sure, but "ask forgiveness rather than permission" sounds like it's no longer an option.

Totally understandable. One can still do by boat or swim out from Turtle Reef.

Having stayed at CBC twice I can understand the decision. As a guest I loved having the reef and facilities essentially to myself on most dives. The good news for nonguests is you can get to hepps from Turtle Reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom